swearing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WTF is wrong with swearing?
I dont say the c word around chicks or my mum and i dont like when little kids swear alot so i guess im a bit old fashioned too.
You may not like it but its often the easiest way to express how you are feeling or what you think of someone.

I ain't no Collingwood supporter :roll:
They don't play football!!! :wink:
Thanks ppl it was interesting to get a few views
on the subject.
I'm probably more of a relaxed swearer.
When i'm relaxed and being myself i swear more.
When i'm around new people or elderly i swear less
but i'm not relaxed and its all an act, and it takes all
my concentration not to swear. The more comfortable
i am with you the more i will swear, dunno why just
do. I don't have a problem with anyone swearing
besides little kids. But i do have a problem with people
coming up and telling me that women swearing is
unattractive. i was at my BFs boss house at a backyard
40th, i was standing there talking to my BF and a 40year old
bloke (whos missus name is wench) and i had this other guy
tap me on the shoulder and tell me that crap and that its rude for
women to swear. Now we were at a party with mainly blokes
there was loud music playing i was having a private convo,
(the guy was standing behind me) but i think it was just as rude
for him to come up to me and butt in, just to tell me that.
That is my only problem with swearing. Thank you :twisted:

i NEVER swore until i moved in with my b/f, his mum, his best mate, and his sister, the C word was used at the dinner table (by the mother) and it was worse when they were drinking, i am now one of the most foulmouthed people in my social circle but i do agree there is a time and a place for it,

Sdaji said:
We can all get on our soap boxes and scream about equality and political correctness, but the reality is that the sexes are different. Sure, our culture says that men and women have equal rights and does its best to make that a reality, but like it or not, men and women are going to be judged differently if they display vulgar behaviour, such as swearing. The reason women are judged more harshly is because they generally take more pride in themselves in regard to anything which pertains to people judging them. Men generally care much less about being thought of as slobs, while women prefer to hold themselves with dignity. Because of this, we are accustomed to men being vulgar and women being dainty, so when someone doesn't fit the mould, they stand out. Swearing is vulgar whether you're male or female (I'm not trying to claim high moral ground, I know some of you have heard a word or two slip through my lips which I'd rather hadn't been produced) but the fact that women are generally less vulgar makes the whole gender come under a different type of scrutiny. I suppose in a nutshell, you could say that women are judged with greater scrutiny in this matter because most of them are better than most men in this way.

There are other reasons for women swearing less, these pertain to the reasons people choose to swear (whether the decision is concious or subconcious) but to get into them would require a much longer post than almost anyone would bother reading :p

Some people don't care about swearing, it's a cultural thing and arguably, swearing isn't bad. I'm not trying to have a go at anyone who swears, I don't get offended by it, if you're still offended, imagine I added a disclaimer which applies to you too.

Flame away :)

Interesting link
http://people.howstuffworks.com/swearing.htm

I swear a lot and I don't give a ____ whether someone likes it or not. Call it a bad attitude, call it what you like. That is my opinion. HOWEVER, I also know when not to swear. I work in a corporate environment and can't always say what I want. If I am relaxing away from the office, I will say whatever I like. I do try and hold back if there are ladies present who I am not familiar with or close to. JMO :)

it doesnt really bother me if someone swears...but swearing at me or someone aggressively that gets me annoyed

Its all about diplomacy and timing.

You wouldn't do it in front of certain people, but will let fly in front of others.

As for not being able to express yourself in anger if you say swear words all the time...its all about EMPHASIS!! I know the difference when chatting to someone and they let slip the F word, than if my husband just fell off the roof (this has happened) and he screams it out to the neighbourhood at the top of his lungs because he just sliced the back of his leg open during the fall. There's usually a big difference in the loudness and urgency of a curse word used in common conversation and that of anger or great pain.

I curse much more than I should, but have been progressively trying to curb it, as I don't like it, and I don't tend to curse as much out in public.

Farting is natural....its all how you do it that matters. You can let a whopper rip and pretend like it didn't happen...or (as is usual in our family) you let one rip and ask surrounding family to rate it out of ten....or (I recommend this one, as strangers aren't usually too impressed with being asked to smell your farts) you let one rip then politely excuse yourself, perhaps blaming it on your lunch, or previous nights dinner.

Its all about timing and the people around you.

you guys watch ronniejohns last nite, gotta love chopper

Men should be allowed to swear. Women shouldn't. FULL STOP.

Just kidding. I don't really give a hoot (please do not adopt fashion label in place of swear words - mods) :p

ha ha ha, yeah chopper went off last nite.lol.

nothing wrong with a good fart. but best to go shopping when ya having a run off smelly ones, stand in a crowd and let a silent one go, stand back and whatch the reaction. gets em every time. :wink:

yea, last nights chopper skit was my fave, he went off bout the (please do not substitute in swear place of swear words - mod) counter...lol

ya gotta have some fun when ya go shopping. :wink:

man my missus would rip my head off if i gave her a dutchie, done it to a few others over the years thou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back