Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tebz

Reaction score
i handled my first venomous snake today it was a collett snake it was sooo cool well it had been de-venomed but it was still so cool if any of you know about the diamond creek fair that was aon today(saturday 9th) there was guyz from snakebusters there and they had death adders,taipan and stuff like that they also had bredli, brisbane and i think diamond it was the best experience!!!
cheerz tebzzzzzzzzzzzz

RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

hehe god he who shall stay nameless has struck again. :(

I would call it venomous if it has been de-venomaited. Poor snake

yeh i saw the display... it was amazing that all those snakes were so freely being handled.. 4 yo kids were passing around collets snakes..

taipans, tigers, adders.. he was picking them up like it was a Childreni... not one of em had a go at him... i know they have had their venom glands removed..but is that the sole reason for them being so incredibly docile?

I wonder how amazing it will be when the same 4yo picks up a non hacked up HOT in the wild??? What a hero he is picking up venomoids! That's the stuff true heroes are made of....

Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

pythonguy said:
i know they have had their venom glands removed..but is that the sole reason for them being so incredibly docile?

Taking the glands out isn't like removing a dog's balls. It doesn't alter the hormonal balance of the snake. The reason it doesn't bite is because it's become humanised. Just like a bitey darwin. No different to settling down a hatchy.

Cheers,
Austy.

Re: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

tebz said:
i handled my first venomous snake today it was a collett snake it was sooo cool well it had been de-venomed but it was still so cool if any of you know about the diamond creek fair that was aon today(saturday 9th) there was guyz from snakebusters there and they had death adders,taipan and stuff like that they also had bredli, brisbane and i think diamond it was the best experience!!!
cheerz tebzzzzzzzzzzzz

Did the bredli, Brisbane and diamond python have their teeth removed? I've heard pythons can give a painful bite.
On a serious note, do they (snakebusters) offer informative suggestions about not handling such snakes in "normal" circumstances?

Re: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

tebz said:
well it had been de-venomed

So really you didnt hold a venomous snake at all......

RE: Re: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

"sits back and gets the pop corn (again)"

Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

Taking the glands out isn't like removing a dog's balls. It doesn't alter the hormonal balance of the snake. The reason it doesn't bite is because it's become humanised. Just like a bitey darwin. No different to settling down a hatchy.

Cheers,
Austy.[/quote]

Darwins bitey ... no never

RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

This thread should fire up nicely. Just the thing for such a cold miserable day.

Bring on the lynching!

Gawd...why are you people online at 8am on a sunday morning?!

Im so clueless that I probably wouldnt be able to tell between a de-venomised snake and a non venoumous one.

i find this practice totally and utterly incompetent, any body that has to remove venom glands from snakes to feel safe should NOT be keeping them in the first place.
I truley belive that it is about time that the bunch of incompetent fools that go under the name snakebusters need to be removed from the industry, by choice or force, and take up another profession.
maybe keeping budgies or goldfish would be more suited to their incompetence.

Damn, im running out of pop corn.... I think there should just be an entire website devoted to the promotion and demotion of devonomising... That way I could just pop the pop corn at random times when i need this entertainment... Still... This isn't as entertaining as gordon's blog or the one about the dog that killed the wallaby... but this does come a close third.... thanks for th eentertainment keep it going!

Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

TrueBlue said:
maybe keeping budgies or goldfish would be more suited to their incompetence.

Don't forget budgies are verocious lettle peckers... they need to be debeaked first... and goldfish.. don't get me started - i used to swim with my gold fish... then snapper (the big fat goldy coloured one) went straigh for my eyeballs.. i tell ya... goldfish aren't no angels either! They will need to be de-lipped... or swim with googles on.... Incidentally... the tank didn't hold me... just my head... was fun for a while :)

As a young child i was quite adventurous. I would catch red bally black snakes, tiger snakes. I had a friend bring a pair of small eye snakes to tafe one day. I had a Marsh snake for a while.

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: MY FIRST VENOMOUS SNAKE HANDLE!!!!

well maybe knitting may suit these extremely incompetent fools, but seriuosly the government, RSPCA, or animal rights groups need to pull their fingers out and close these fools down.

Watch those needle points True Blue... and those loops of wool, when they sneak around a finger and pull tight..

oowwwwwww

:(

i have also heard he may glue or something like that there mouths shut but im not 100% sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back