Aps is so slow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchbo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed aps being really slow in loading tonight like it took me 5minutes just to open the chit chat section?

its not my pc as i have a really fast pc with cable net i was wondering is this like a server problem?

thank you so much.

Im not the only one.

Cam

Having the same problems. Very Very slow. I have cable too.

If I had a dollar for everytime there has been a thread like this, I would be rich. :)

Any dramas with the server slateman??

my pc has been running really slow atm ( because of bad weather )

Yeah I'm finding it really slow and commented to a friend earlier who also noticed it.

but having 160 people on here shouldnt slow it down i think it my be a crappy server lol

Server is fine, but processor can handle just so much. Lot of people are posting and loading pages. Some member here post silly one line posts like in chat room.
We can always buy second server and speed it up, but there in not enough money to do this. We just getting enough to pay for one server. Donations dropped off and sponsors pay just for part of one server.

Its the chit chat in all threads, and the fancy sig's that people like to attach, the more you add the slower it gets.

if you want it to get faster, lose the fancy signatures, and cut down on the chit chat.

Re: RE: Aps is so slow

Slateman said:
Server is fine, but processor can handle just so much. Lot of people are posting and loading pages. Some member here post silly one line posts like in chat room.
We can always buy second server and speed it up, but there in not enough money to do this. We just getting enough to pay for one server. Donations dropped off and sponsors pay just for part of one server.

Slateman, you know what you have to do.....

RE: Re: RE: Aps is so slow

maybe start an irc server i could help yas out

already tried that but some people on this site were of an older generation and dont understand how to set it up... i am quite irc *literite myself

*spelling?

i agree an irc server would me much better and would probably help solve the problem

even if its just a channel on an australian server
i would run the channel for free :p

Re: RE: Re: RE: Aps is so slow

ex1dic said:
even if its just a channel on an australian server
i would run the channel for free :p
there we go guy's a "free" solution right there id jump on that slateman and any admin type people lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back