Carnivorous plants - Photos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Seeing how there's a few of us keep them, how about some pics?

Cnv0263.jpg

Cnv0264.jpg

No matter how hard I tried, I just could not get this one in focus, this was the best pic I managed to get.
Cnv0262.jpg

Cnv0261.jpg

Cnv0260.jpg

Cnv0259.jpg

wow awesome pitchers, i used to keep the venus fly traps, but never pitchers, they are beautiful. are they only for the tropical north , or could i keep them in brizzy???

Here's some from my trip to Borneo so they're not mine sadly, but wild!

magpie, any chance a couple get a few cuttings from you? you got some nice plants there, i could get you cuttings from mine when i c them next(they are 6hrs away from me :( )

AnteUp, they are awesome, I love seeing things I'm interested in in their native habitat, whether they be plants or animals. That last one is just incredible, love the size of the hood on it.

Hornet, I've only got 2 so far and have not taken any cuttings off them yet, I just removed a basal shoot off each today so fingers crossed I'll have 4 plants soon :)

kool, i have found the cutting very easy to strike, i put them in a pot or plastic bag of sphagnum moss

Wow...I used to keep carnivous plants, broms, and a great range of Tropical gingers and haliconias, but i had to leave them all behind with friends and family when i moved down here. I don't know why I never took photos.

Sounds like you used to live up here somewhere dynea.
I have close to one thousand bromeliads and tillandsias now and am getting into the pitcher plants.
Also have various gingers and heliconias in the garden. :) The heliconias are all flowering this time of year, very nice.
Gingers beome a weed.

They are spectacular. I used to have some venus fly traps, but they didn't cope well in my climate and they eventually died. They are awesome though.

Me & plants don't get along very well. Before I started working I kept a beautiful garden. Now I barely find the time or energy to water it. Lucky most of my garden is low maintenance and tolerates dryness, gets watered when it rains. But I must say I bought some pitcher plants and a venus fly trap for my shadehouse. I did everything it said on the label - use peat moss, keep pots in trays of water. But I still managed to kill them :? .

My CP's

I'm into the CP's myself too. Currently have several nice pitcher plants (Nepenthes Ventricosa) which are doing very well on my window sill. Also have a few Sarracenia (S. Minor, S. Flava, S. Evendine, S.Psittacina), Sundews (D.Capensis -giant form, D.erythrorhiza subsp. collina, D.erythrorhiza subsp. squamosa, D.stolonifera subsp. stolonifera), some Pings hybrids (P. morrii x. elhersae x. grandiflora)... and of course a common Venus Fly Trap.

I'm actually quite excited at the moment, as my S. Evendine is going to bloom for the first time any day. The flower stalk is about 40cm high with a bud the size of a large grape at the end of it.... will post pics when its opened.

Heres some pics of my collection.....

RE: My CP

Wow there some healthy looking plants. Do yours dye back or do they remain that way year round?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back