Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

symbol

Reaction score
Gday all

Just out of interest sake and to see what the consensus is. In your opinion, out of all python/non venomous species, which has the best temperament? A fairly broad question I know, but I would be just interested to know. I am sure some of the newbies might like to know as well.
My guess would probably be Diamond?

Takers?

It's very hard to tell and to give an accurate answer.
it also depend's if your talking Wild or Home collection.
Everyone is going to be different in there thought's as in my collection i have a Jungle Python who has the best temperament and many would disagree about the jungle's and then i have a coastal who is a complete pycho and has the world's worst temperment every snake is different and your going to get alot of different answer's

I would say BHPs or maybe file snakes (havnt kept either).

MDs truely awsome when it comes to temprement with the large species! :mrgreen:

Cheers 8)

They are all individuals & posess good & bad qualities.
But on average MD's are the most docile of the larger species followed closely by Bredli. Any of the "childrens" Antaresia complex are usually quite good also.

You'll get people saying all sorts of things. Most people with opinions on the subject base them on their personal experience with only a few specimens, often just their own, which is why you'll see many people swearing that black headed pythons are one of the nastiest snakes around, while others swear that they're very placid etc etc. There are plenty of people on both sides when it comes to Children's pythons, most people will say that bredli and Murray Darling carpets are very placid (I've seen some spectacularly nasty exceptions!), most people will say jungles are nasty, but you'll always have people speaking up swearing that they're absolutely lovely (because theirs is absolutely lovely) etc etc etc. I don't think you'll find any species of python which doesn't include both extremely nasty and extremely placid individuals.

When it comes to being prone to bite, diamonds are fairly typical carpets, Murray Darlings are possibly the most docile of the carpets on average. The non venomous snakes least likely to bite you are thing such as blind snakes, file snakes, etc etc.

Have a 9 foot female olive that has the best temperament and yet a friend has a 12 footer olive that would tear you to shreads given the opportunity.

I think it's all up to the snake, i have seen snappy and placid specimens of just about all species.
Some species are probably a bit more prone to it.

re Best

Best temprament is the water python and the look really good to,but my wife is a moody bitch and ime happy with here too. :D

RE: re Best

Heh, there are some gorgeous water pythons, but there are some vicious ones too :)

Re: RE: re Best

Sdaji said:
Heh, there are some gorgeous water pythons, but there are some vicious ones too :)
Had quite a few waterpythons over the years sadji,wonderful looking python so shiny looking,most were remarkably docile but i had a couple that fired up and drew some blood,treated them with more respect after :D

RE: Re: RE: re Best

I hear you Simple. My 7 foot olive is now placid as but our new 3 foot olive well he has some attitude adjusting to do - we're working on it

RE: Re: RE: re Best

My coastals are very placid, I reckon I could knock em on the head and they still wouldn't bite me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back