Cannabalistic Bluetounges????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bug_collector

Reaction score
hi everyone, im absolutely distraught, i really need some help here.
this morning i was cleaning a tank which had a baby bearded dragon and a few baby water dragons. while i was cleaning the cage, i put the little lizards in with my bluetounges, thinking they would be fine there for a few hours. (giving them branches to climb, just in case)
when i went to take them out, i couldnt find the baby beardie and one of the wds. as far as i know, there is no possible way for them to have excaped.
my dad thinks that my biggest bluey,(bout 30 cm long) may have eaten them somehow.
do bluetounges actually chase down other lizards and eat them?
how could a bluetounge actually catch a wd?
wouldnt there be some kind of remains in the tank if it had done this?
im trying not to give up hope for my poor lil lizards, and ive been desperately trying to think of an alternative to this idea. id really like to know what all ure opinions on this matter are.
all help is appreciated, thanks, from rosa

I saw a bluey eating a baby bluey at a wildlife park once unless it had reverted to mouth brooding I wouldn't put it past them.

sorry about your little dragons but if your enlosure is escape proof and you have searched the surrounding area then unfortunatly they could might possibly have become meals for your bluetongue, but i doubt it.
does the bluey look real fat?.
a 30cm bluetongue probably couldnt/wouldnt eat a young dragon, let alone three so a more thorough check of the area around your enclosure would be a good idea.
dont give up hope just yet.
also check lil brothers or sisters havnt accidently helped them over the wall.
baz

i felt the blueys tummy, and theres no suspicious lumps, and i fed him to see if he was hungry, which he was, but i also checked the entire cage and area nearby and found nothing :(

Is the tank inside or outside? If its inside seal it off and start searching.

Bluies will eat anything they can catch and can eat big food, baby dragons would be a nice meal for a blue.

the tanks inside, and ive been looking for hours, my dad even decided to sleep out in the kitchen to listen for any noises of escaped lizards

Yes a bluey would eat baby dragons (by the way how big are the dragons) if given the chance and in a confined cage where the dragons couldn't escape it would be easier for the bluey to catch them :(

yes your right duga,
come to think of it , a 30 cm bluey could eat and may well have eaten the baby dragons.
it is big enough to.
live and learn rosa,id be telling dad to go to bed i think.
baz

A bluey will eat a baby dragon......it isn't a canibal unless it eats its own kind.

technicalities. but omg i thought blueys were supposed to be nice:( im neva gonna think of them the same way again

sorry to heard bout that rosa, when did u get your lizards? i never even knew you had any

my bluey is no where near fast enough , i dont think i could even catch a water dragon. i think they might have escaped like ud think there would be some sorta blood or guts or whatever, plus to big meals for a 30cm bluey just wouldnt happen without bein sus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back