Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont use that word in public for that reason, maybe if people thought snakes spread herpies they wouldnt wana steal them.

any1 else got any ideas of toughening an enclosure? short of hiring nasa to formulate something that could last on a trip to the moon?

note to self ring nasa

Junky's ... weed.... what
Sorry to here your snake's have gone missing
Maybe we should bring back medievil torture as a deterant....
Better a bullet with no court... people might think twice.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

i know alot of people keep their herps outdoors, but i have never heard of those gettin nicked but i would guess it happens, man sorry 4 ur loss, hope u get ur babies back

Im starting to believe it's an aps member doing it as ive noticed more and more member's are being robbed i know i for one am going to stop posting picture's of my snake's as it's just showing this mungral what you own and what enclosure's to look for when it break's into your place...

Sorry to hear about your loss mate fingers crossed and you will get them back again

i havent been in it for that long but i aggree with what u say
all i have to say is the other week i brought 2 guard dogs one llives inside one out and if some walks in to steal my snakes or anything good luck to ya my dogs wont get put done for doing there job......
and if the guy or girl who is stealing them is on this site good luck to ya if anyone catches u from this site

and mate im so sorry i hope that u find new snakes to make u smile again!!!!

You can pick up a cheap alarm pack from Bunnings with alarm key pad for around $200 with window reed switches etc.

How many people really take notice with alarms these days?? Most people just turn around and walk away coz they want nothing to do with it. Bit sad really coz alot more scum could be caught.

Not telling people what you have is the simplest approach to being safe................says I who spent this morning with a TV film crew doing a story on my snakes! Strict instructions given on no surnames or location to be used.

Must be an APS member with a lot of Frequent Flyer points because the thefts seem to be taking place in different states and cities. They would also need access to the addresses.
In each case it will probably be a person known to the victim.

Maybe keeping details of people who know or see your collection might be the way to go...
Name
Address
Lic no.
car rego
The honest one's will not mind
Least that way you have a place to start
May seem extreme but that is the way society is going whether we like it or not.
Plus better security.

What a shame.
I think kids may have stolen your snakes because if someone was in your house and saw the money you would think they would take it.
Kids taking home $200 is not going to be an easy thing to explain to their parents but saying they found a snake is a different story.

Also you can find a persons address by their home phone number by using a reverse directory. I know of one that works 98% of the time on older numbers.
Its a very easy thing to do so not even giving out your landline number is safe.

That's horrible news, i really do hope you catch the culprit/s and get your snakes back, looks like CCTV might be a wise investment, its cheap enough and easy to instal.

Disagree

What a shame.
I think kids may have stolen your snakes because if someone was in your house and saw the money you would think they would take it.
Kids taking home $200 is not going to be an easy thing to explain to their parents but saying they found a snake is a different story.

Also you can find a persons address by their home phone number by using a reverse directory. I know of one that works 98% of the time on older numbers.
Its a very easy thing to do so not even giving out your landline number is safe.

Kids can say they found $200 in the street and there parents would probably ask no questions. A snake IMO is a totally different story.

especialy a snake in a click clack.

the kind of people that resort to breaking into peoples houses to steal stuff arent normaly the brightest people, the rest of us with brain power earn a real living, so they probably just grabbed whatever they could. the *******s

ahaha, i dont realy follow footy too much, but its going to be heaps of fun no matter what. ill be watching the game and making 3d glasses for a special kind of 18th party.

Carn the eagles.

isnt it funny how although alot of people dont follow footy, well all be infront of the tv pretending we know why that bloke blew the whistle coz of something some guy did. and why they can shove eachother violently and nock eachother down and still say of the field.

eagles stand a good chance of winning too, cant wait.

Kids can say they found $200 in the street and there parents would probably ask no questions. A snake IMO is a totally different story.

yeah like that time I found a box of rolex's packed neatly in a box on the side of the road which nobody seemed to see:rolleyes:

I've been thinking about this for a while....

I wonder if all those who protest about dobbing in people who break the law, would do it if someone they knews snakes were stolen? Or if their own snakes were stolen, but the culprit discovered before the cops got involved....would they still call the cops?
Its an interesting idea.

For those with security, is there a way those of us without a lot of money can help to ensure our reptiles safety? Perhaps someone might like to write up a list of things that can be done to help, to try and prevent these sorts of occurences?

Personally, I cringe every time my daughter tells someone local she has reptiles- I know the young criminal gentlemen and drug addict women down the road have seen my reptiles on occasion, and it panics me out of my mind. I'm always terrified when I leave the house that someone will take them.
Anyone know any good, cheap security alarm guys in Perth? We have an alarm but it doesn't work properly...think its time to get it fixed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back