Vat69's about to leave..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vat69

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
For all the oldschoolers who care:

As a few of you know (you good looking types I hang with sometimes ;) ) I'm off to study in England for a few months on a university exchange. I'm heading to Lancaster university (near Manchester) in the Lakes District of the North West (heard of the Pendle witches? Oh yeah!!!).
I leave on Saturday and will be living on campus, and I'll have internet access in my room so I'll still be contributing to the forums. As such little will change in my (lack of?) contribution to the forums, although I'll be posting whenever I come across anything herp related.
I'm very much looking forward to checking out the pet shops and taking as many pics as I can of all the cool herp type critters I can get my hands on.

Wow....I feel just like CHEWY...except I don't suppose I'll be catching any tropical diseases...lol (sorry dude...)

Anyway, that's about it I suppose. I'll still be around but maybe I'll post pics of cooler stuff, and hopefully showing me getting progressively whiter :D

Oh, and to those in the know I promise I don't plan on bringing anything naughty back with me, no matter how many Romans I think might have walked across it :p

sounds like a great experiance, everyone i know that has done the exchange programs love it, you get to live and experience things you would never get to see, have fun.
what uni do you go to? what you studying?

I'm going to Lancaster University to study history and religion :) There's no religion department at my current uni so I'm really hoping I fit it in to my study.
Thanks for the reply :)

I think I would rather go to iraq then England.
What a boring,cold,morbid place

sounds interesting, im not really the history type, always been into science, are you doing arts degree? what is you current uni? youll get there just in time for winter, but atleast youll get to see some cool herps in shops ect.

That must be exciting for you, I would love to do exchange but I might just wait till I finish uni then travel a bit, life is so full of opportunities. Can't wait to here about the reptile scene up in the UK (with heaps of pics included).
have fun!!
jordo :)

Happy hunting, I'm mean studying Vat. Enjoy. You get to come back home to a heat wave :lol:

Have fun and remember ......... Don't talk to strangers :lol: ;)

Oh No......:cry: sexy Erins leaving us all for a cold damp wet dark miserable hole of a place.........oh, I mean England....LOL.

Hope you have a good 'ol time over there, watch out for those goth chicks though.....;) :lol:

Don't forget about us will you.....:cry:

Poor Chewy, it's not his fault he picked up some nasty tropical disease. ;) :lol:

Make sure you post heaps of pics of you and all the lovely exotic snakes, lizards and spiders etc over there. :)

Best wishes
Daz:D

Thanks for the kind words guys :)
I am betting very much that I have a smashing time :D

Have fun Vat69, ignore the stupid remarks. Having lived in England for quite a few years it is a wonderful place, loads of history, an amazing amount of things to do and see and if you like pubs you'll have a ball.
Unfortunately with comments like those from Sabac it's no wonder Aussies have a bad reputation as whingers overseas but don't go with any preconceived notions and you will love it.
Have fun.

Well done and congrats. Enjoy your OS experience. I would love to study comparative religions in history, what a fascinating subject.
Make sure you get some tortoise pics at pet shops, and drool all the way home again.
Have a blast :D
Safe travel.
Mwah.
Sil.

check out Andrew Gray curator of herpetology at Manchester Museum. they have a nice display for herps there and Andrew works closely with Phyllomedusa frog, which are amazing neotropical treefrogs.

Say "Hi" to my rellies for me. Oh.. you have no idea who they are, oh well, neither do I so just say "Magpie says Hi" to some random people.
Have a ball Erin, don't hit the credit card too hard though ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back