Harriet Died!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adandiluvsmyreptiles

Very Well-Known Member
Banned
Reaction score
We were heartbroken to find out Harriet is no longer with us. She made it to 175 years old and passed away. We both loved her deeply and will miss her. Tennille gave the best speech on her when she was working at the zoo. That was 2 years ago, as some of you will remember it was also the time that Tennille and I fell in love. So it feels like a part of our family is gone.

Attachments

• 100_4256 (Medium).JPG
    100_4256 (Medium).JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Damm 175 year's is that all lol

On a serious note sorry to hear mate there one of the lucky specie's to live that long

awwww...when I was workingthe in 93 she was the best you would tickle her neck, she would stand up and stretch her neck out to allow more tickling, and if you stopped she would stay in that possition for hours lol.....

Another died in Qatar recently and was at least 250-260 years old and a much smaller Radiated Tortoise lived to 188 years !!! The life span of these things is just immense but we do tend to use our own lifespan as a marker.

Don't wanna sound like a weirdo asking this but any idea what she died of?
i heard they can live up to 200 year's just curious thats all

It was in all the news when it happened a couple of months ago but I can't remember, it was in all likelyhood just natural causes. Some people live to a 100 and others live to 60, same with tortoises I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back