Angle headed dragon pics...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just set up this lovely new enclosure for my adult pair (thanks herpshop!), they think it's great and have settled in it really well. Thought I'd take some pickies...

100_4409.jpg

100_4400.jpg

100_4402.jpg

100_4404.jpg

100_4401.jpg

Also thought I'd include a couple of pics of this little baby girl who I arrived a few days ago. Thanks Anthony, she's a little tyke!

100_4413.jpg

100_4411.jpg

Great pic, I would imagine they would also climb up the meshing to. Nice looking animals and the enclosure looks good to.
Davo

Yep, they can easily climb up the walls and ceiling, so it really is perfect for them. They've had a lot of fun exploring!

:0)

Oh very nice set up.....like the idea with the Astro turf around the poles..spinipes are one of my fav's

Gorgeous Saz!

Wish I had the time for them.. Beautiful animals..

Yes, my favourite dragons too! I'm hoping to find another pair or two, and then branch out (pardon the pun!) into Boyd's.

There beautiful and a great set up mate,

Just curious how much there worth as i could be looking for a pair very soon

Gorgeous Saz!

Wish I had the time for them.. Beautiful animals..

do you mean that they are time consuming or your just busy enough, and is it $150 for a pair or each, im very interested as boyds are fair expensive for my budget...

by the way i love your set up it looks fantabulous!!

does anyone know if they are easy to handle or skittish, just wondering... but they are ebautiful..

$150+ each. The trick with these guys is to keep them meticulously clean as they are prone to bacterial infections in the jaw. I have found mine easy to look after, but they do take up maybe 15 mins a day. Depending on how many animals you have depends on whether you have that 15 mins spare!

They are skittish, I can only handle my male if he is sleepy LOL! My female is very placid though, and is easy to hold. To 'hold' her I put her on my chest or shoulder, and she'll sit there for hours. Bit of a hint though, NEVER let go of their tail, because if all of a sudden they decide to run, they'll have taken a leap of death before you know it LOL!

Cool Thank's for the info guy's ill look into care sheet's and get all the info i need then ill be askin round for one or a pair

Wow, beautiful dragons. May i ask, is that a flexarium set up vertically?

Saz, are they NSW form? I would have thought you'd be keeping the Qld form.
That's a good idea for the cage, I have a spare herparium or two, I might look into keeping them again soon.

i dont see a heat lamp or heat mat or UVB, do they not need these, or are they out of the picture, i want some, but i only have a bed room, im only sixteen i already have two 6 foot tanks, and a two foot fish tank and now i want turtles and angle headed dragons, for my D & T assesment im making a tall antique looking wooden bird cage im sure i could keep some sort of lizard in that..

Yes, it's a herparium set up vertically. They love it! I think the hatchies on herptrader at the moment are $90, I paid $120 each for my hatchies though.

Not sure what form they are Magpie, I'll see if the breeder knows the form.

I actually gave them a 25 watt bulb as hatchies/juvies through the winter, and they did used to bask under it a lot. I removed it once they stopped using it.

They need UVB, so you can provide them with a UV fluro tube or similar, or take them outside for some filtered sunlight, which is very easy to do in a herparium, and much cheaper and more effective than the tubes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back