You know your a herper when.......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when your not concerned about leaving the lights on when you go out,,,

when you talk people out of paying $300 on a juvi maccy in the pet shop right in front of the teller who has been trying to sell it to them for half an hour...

when your wife says its time to do the grocery shopping and you have to explain youse are broke because the reptile shop had a sale...

when you know what najanaja means

(* disclaimer, i didn't make all these up, i pinched them)

lol good read there pal & good find to done well

When your screen saver is a pic of your python eating,

When you are eager to walk the dogs after a storm to see what branches have blown down,

When you sit at the diner table, virtually eating in the dark because the dining room light lessens the chance of your snakes from coming out of their hide boxes,

When you try to explain to non-herp people that pythons have spurs or small remenants of legs,

When you have more photos of your snakes then family on your hard drive,

When a run over blue tongue causes you more sorrow then a dead bird or a squashed cat,

When you boast about the size of your snake more then the size of you old fella,

When you can quote the exact length of your snake, to the cm but can only guess the height of your children,

When the passing of Steve Irwin still leaves you with sadness and sorrow after almost a month since the day, :(

When snakes sheds, (skins) are a feature of your decore,

When you sit in front of your enclosure to eat your breakfast and then put your bowl in the sink and it is lunchtime, lol

and there are many more!!
Davo

When your screen saver is a pic of your python eating,

When you are eager to walk the dogs after a storm to see what branches have blown down,

Davo

too true, the council guys cut a heap up last monday after the windy day in sydney, and yes i have a large stack in my driveway, nice smooth eucalypt branches

when you introduceyour girlfriend to your reptiles before your parents :p

When you don't own rats and mice for pets, but your farming them for food.

...you block traffic for miles trying to coax a snake from the middle of the road.

Certainly done this before, and put up with the abuse people give you!

when every shopping trip, walk to the park or shift at work becomes a hunt for herp friendly items - i liberate the chicken food from work (chunks of nyla bone, cereals, dried fruit, wheat etc) for my 'pet' mice, small boxes from work and shopping centres are potential hides, the tupperware aisle holds potential click-clacks, oh, the list goes on. And i don't have any reptiles yet!

I dont even consider myself anywhere near being a herper quite yet. considering that i still dont own a reptile, but that was a great read i esspecially liked the last line. Keep them coming :D

You are prepared to spend all your free time tearing down old, smelly, dusty walls, just so you can have a dedicated herp room.
You foolishly organise a trip to the ARP, then panic severly when you arrive

You move in with a chick and on day one she reminds you to keep your snake away from her cat.

aw crud, the dinner you are cooking burns while you research heating and enclosure designs

cool!! scroll down and there is a similar threads bar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back