Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cronullaben

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just wondering if anyone has come across any snakes lizards etc,out and about in the bush or national parks lately all i am coming across is little lizards...the weather is getting warmer surely they must be coming out soon,i like to observe....thanks seeya.........

I saw a Bluetongue in French's Forest a couple of weeks ago, and my Dad told me he saw a Green Tree Snake in the neighbours camellia tree last week.

:p

Hix

i just got back from lightning ridge beardies , lacies, goulds eastern browns , shinglebacks,curl snakes and nobbies were all out

Saw a bells montior at Nymboida on the weekend, also a big brown splattered on the road.
The reps are out and about up here, as a friend also had a red belly in her house on Friday.....took some getting out of the back of the oven.

yeah seen a couple of Eastern browns' killed on the road....lots of eastern bearded dragons also

The only snakes ive seen are dead browns and i swear some mongrel has hit them on purpose :evil: They have all been off the road a fair way

Last week I found a large snake shed wrapped around a tree near our front door. Removed the shed and I realised that the shed was very fresh, and then found a large Coastal in the next tree, which is next to our front door. After a while it moved up through the tree and over the roof.

The shed was nearly fully intact and it measured over 10 feet long.

I have been out most nights since with a torch looking through the trees, and all I have been able to find has been possums sitting on our fence until last night when I saw it again. It was perched in the trees in an S shape right above the fence where the possums were a couple of nights before. I found it about 7.00 o'clock and it was still sitting there when I checked on it before I went to bed at around 11.00 and still in the S attack shape. I have got some pictures, but haven't downloaded them yet.

We also have EWD's living around our pool and they have started coming out again in the past week.

When it gets around 30-38 go down into creeks and see eastern water dragons of all sizes :)

Seen a roadkill RBBS, found a diamond skin in a mates shed, seen a few EWD and blueys.

I love this time of year:D

nobbies? :S

Nobby Dragons (Amphibolurus nobbii)

Was out near Bourke last week and saw Lacey's and Gould's, Shinglebacks, lots of Beardies and Centrals, Geckos, Skinks and Western Browns.

Hix

spent the weekend at moonan flats saw 5 browns a flat RBBS heaps of beardies & a garden skink came into our tent for a visit

might have to take a treck out to lightning ridge sometime this season.

Cool Thanks, Do you know how long it would be from sydney ? Hix As im only a Kid dont know were these places are ?

Probably a nine or ten hour drive. Haven't been there myself since 1974.

Hix

ive had a few callouts here in se melbourne.
two tigers 3 copperheads, a bluetongue and a few that had gone before i got there.
i think with the drought we will see a lot of herps this year.
im going to flinders ranges later this month so i hope to see a few then.
ill post pics of whatever i see while im away.
baz

was just talking to my SIL in oaklands in the last 24 hours they've had a tiger and 4 browns in thier house yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back