Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grimbeny

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
On alot of websites, and several books (Mind u all american) it says that woma pythons are difficult to look after. From people experience from owning them, is this true?

i hav no experience but everything iv read has only been good. ie, great temprament, friendly. i cant imagine them being too hard to look after. maybe its cos those sites u saw were american. iv seen yankee things talk about carpets bein horrible and evil to look after etc. best chekc out aussie advice on em

Hay, Ive never kept womas but ive heard only good stuff about them, Good temper, Very placid etc etc

Very easy to keep, very easy to breed. Infact True Blue told me today that if you walk past their cage with your tockly hanging out, they will breed.

easy to keep, good temperament, funny personalities, love their food- what more could you want?- a very rewarding python!

Very easy to care for.Would even recommend them for beginners if they werent a Class 2 sp.
Can't even think of a reason why they would be on the class 2 list in NSW.Perhaps peterjohnson64 might like the challenge of getting them dropped to class 1

Thanks for that guys, yea i have only heard good stuff from people on here but alot of yankee books dont agree. My guess is that there arent (or wernt when the stuff was written) many in yankee collections so they dont know what to think about them.

Very easy to keep, very easy to breed. Infact True Blue told me today that if you walk past their cage with your tockly hanging out, they will breed.
I had thought a pair of womas from Rob would be a nice thing but now i would always have that mental image.:shock:

So don't wory about cooling, thermal gradients etc. Just get your tally whacker out and that's all the stimulation they need LOL :)

waruikazi; said:
So don't wory about cooling, thermal gradients etc. Just get your tally whacker out and that's all the stimulation they need LOL :)[/QUOTE

Don't forget you have to run around the house a bit too, really gets them going according to TB:lol:

Very easy to care for.Would even recommend them for beginners if they werent a Class 2 sp.
Can't even think of a reason why they would be on the class 2 list in NSW.Perhaps peterjohnson64 might like the challenge of getting them dropped to class 1

That'd be great if it could be done. I doubt it would happen any time soon. Esp if NSW doen't recognise your previous NT experience.

ha ha ha, yes very easy to keep and breed, you only need to look at them side ways and they fall gravid.

i was going to put up a pic of my new woma babies but i cant seem to be able to attach any???

Can i ask why they are so expensive to buy then.

Same with the BHP, why are they so expensive.

Can someone answer the GTP question as well, I can understand them due to the low rate in captivity.

the prices, most would say are supply and demand, but there are alot more around now and the prices i would imagen will slowly drop over the next few years, until they are about 2000 a pair but the good animals i think will average about 2500 a pair. on the other ahnd the WA's and other newer locals will keep there prices, so generally im refering to the NT's. imo they are worth every cent. as for BHP i think they are actually a good price, but within a few years i think they will be more around the 1500 a pair. (these are just my opinions so dont take my word for it) all prices will eventually drop, but as i said the good stuff and new morphs eg robs bumblebees will fetch a good price.

Yeah, I agree.

Just in the fish world, things that are generally expensive are rare or hard to breed.

Just I see BHP's are quite readily available and from what i've just read woma's are easy to breed.

Just thought it might be because they're still only new in cpativity or hard to breed but obviously not.

People stop demanding them for a season, and the price will go down next when surplus stock is available. :)

hehe.

I can't imagine why the yanks would say they are hard to breed, they're very common over there and are considered a very easy to keep and breed snake, they go for much less than BHP's cost wise.

Most snakes IMO have a potential to become cannibalistic. That's why you avoid housing them together. I know people out there prefer to house if the the same size, but, still I would rather separate than risk my precious herps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back