Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These people deserve the 3 strikes and your out rule.:twisted:

I wouldn't even give them 3 strikes after all of this going on. Heartless is right Shamous... that's the tragedy of it and why thefts like these keep happening. It really does make you question your faith in humankind. :(

Glimmerman, I'm ever so sorry to hear about what happened to your wife's friend, my condolensces to you and your wife :cry:

These people deserve the 3 strikes and your out rule.:twisted:

I would prefer to go with "The three strikes to the head with a baseball bat and your outta here" rule personally.
But I am not a violent person...really the military only taught us to kill bad people, by any and all means necessary. :twisted:

As far as having a gun - even Bruce Lee said no one is faster than a bullet, and I wouldn't have even taken him on with three guns myself.

Yes Tempest but you misunderstood me. I did'nt mean 3 strikes and in the lock-up. I meant three strikes with an axe, or 3 strikes with a sword or 3 strikes .......well you get my point. Bodily harm and yes Pythoness pitchforks and Torches all round.

As I have said before, no-one is going to try and smuggle these animals out of the country when they are freely and cheaply available overseas.

I guess most of the stolen animals from this country will most definately be heading over seas to foreign collections. Sorry guys but you have to admit it. If the exotics can come in to our country you can bet your *** they can get out.

Yes Tempest but you misunderstood me. I did'nt mean 3 strikes and in the lock-up. I meant three strikes with an axe, or 3 strikes with a sword or 3 strikes .......well you get my point. Bodily harm and yes Pythoness pitchforks and Torches all round.

That's my non violent nature which made me think the more innocent of the options Shamous... but hey, I think with all of this going on that might be a thing of the past... *sigh* maybe I should train my bullmastiff to become an attack dog on command...

Not to Hijack, but as noted this (stealing of Herps) is becoming regular. As most people have stated, it must have been done by someone who knows where and what snakes are available.

Would it be impossible to think that perhaps the National Parks and Wildlife data base has been compromised some how? If you think about it they would have all the information, addresses and types of herps kept there??

Not dissing the NPW, but it's an idea....???

As I have said before, no-one is going to try and smuggle these animals out of the country when they are freely and cheaply available overseas.

I agree. Surely like having security stickers on the outside of your home to help deter thieves from "choosing” your home as a target, Micro-chipping the odd larger animal (not all) would act in the same way??? It might not aid in catching them in the immediate future, but sometime down the track someone, somewhere, will probably take that animal to a vet, and I’m not talking about the callous thief who stole it in the first place because obviously they couldn’t give a rats! Sadly it’d be some poor sucker who’s dished out his hard earned for a stolen animal, but now you’d have the link!

For all those who deal from carparks etc to sell their animals, this should also serve as a "buyer beware" warning!

New Zealand

Just a question regarding New Zealand if anyone can answer. Maybe Kiwicam is he's still on. Are GTP's Woma's, Blackeads etc etc available over there on license?:eek:

Someone knew he had 12 yearlings, I'll bet a potential buyer.

This person also must have had the house under survellience knowing when the owner was out and to go in when it was just the wife and kids at home. Much easier threatening women and children with a gun than going through a secruity system.

If it's the same guy as in 2004, that's just doubly bad.

It's scary what lengths people will go to...we've been talking about getting greens for a while, but this is the whole and sole reason why I don't want to, it's bad enough now living in secrecy of not wanting people to visit at all, I can't imagine how things would have to be like if we had greens or the like.

People in my area talk about taking wild diamonds, for some reason the general public thinks they are worth thousands! No reptile is safe when people think this, as is shown by the bluetongue story.

It's really depressing, and I'm really sorry for the poor family who that happened to.

Just a question regarding New Zealand if anyone can answer. Maybe Kiwicam is he's still on. Are GTP's Woma's, Blackeads etc etc available over there on license?:eek:

hi shamous,
i might be wrong, but there are no snakes in nz, i'm not certain but i'm guessing the only snakes in nz would be illegal, i know i spent 3 months there and thats one thing you don't have to worry about, getting bit by a snake in the long grass, pmsl..........

If the snakes I mentioned are not available on license in NZ then would'nt that be a good avenue for smugglers? If they are not available in NZ then there would have to be adefinate market, would'nt there?

Apparently, as reproted in the Advertiser today, the same house had a $20,000 1 metre long GTP stolen from it back in 2004, I remember hearing about it on the news at the time. If the paper realised how common stealing people's herps was they wouldn't be calling it "bizarre"

Quite true Tempest, herp theft is becoming more and more common each day...:(
I think what makes this news story "bizzare" is the fact that it was done at gunpoint, like a bank robbery or store hold up. That truely amazes me as all of the herp thefts i have read about (most from this forum) are usually non confrontational ie. a break in whilst owners are away or asleep. To think that someone would threaten with a gun... OMG what is the world coming to?:x I hope they get caught. The charges laid against the offender/s would be huge!

NZ law prohibits any type of snake in NZ, even for zoos! - strict biosecurity laws. Though it is possible to import aussie lizards for display in the zoo.

So yea I had never seen a live snake for real before I came over here :rolleyes:

http://www.maf.govt.nz/mafnet/publications/primarysource/september-2003/primary-source-0903-8.htm

Last edited:
i feel really sorry for the people who have lost there animals :(

id rather loose every item in my house before loosing any one of my animals

although my house is under constant serveilance and a few items i leave around the house in case someone tries it doesnt mean it cant happen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back