Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is the same house as 2004 then most of us know who this person is and my thoughts are certainly with them. This incident was definitely only about the snakes unlike many others. Last time (in 2004) was a break in that was disturbed and they only got one snake.

Armed robbery would attract a potential jail sentence of up to 10 years I would imagine, Oh hang on, who am I kidding, our judicial system is too lenient.

Pilbara
i agree in one way about it being to lenient but then again sometimes i think it is too harsh where it shouldnt be

Armed robbery would attract a potential jail sentence of up to 10 years I would imagine, Oh hang on, who am I kidding, our judicial system is too lenient.

I wouldn't go too hard on your judicial system or police etc as they have heaps more respect than NZ police.
Case in point a chick called 111 from someones house and reported being assaulted and followed etc out at Piha beach (west of AKL) one night not long ago...so the police sent a taxi out. She was never seen again. :shock:

This is why I dont like seeing 38 Guests online here. I would much prefer that this be a closed forum. Why do so many people need to read these posts anonymously? Sign up or go to petlink!!!

I'm curious as to how you think registering removes anonymity?

Lately there have been alot of herps stolen like Agamdae, The people with the 9 GTP and a little kid got his blue tongue stolen over night :(
Sad very sad. i hope they catch them.

SO. Let me get this right. No snakes in NZ at all. I guess that would be an excellent market for snakes to be smuggled to, would'nt it guys.

Don't go telling me that there are not people in NZ that do not have beautiful exotic animals in their private collections.

After all how easy would it be? They are our closest neighbour so don't tell me it can't happen.

The licencing authority have your address.....
the people you buy reptiles off have your details(QLD Lic papers have residential address of buyer).......
the company you buy retile products online have your address.....
All of these databases could be viewed by friends/family/work experience people/cleaner the list goes on.
Even APS wants address and the like....

you could be found very easily.

Post Office box always.

The poor kid that had his blue tongue stolen too... the violin would have been worth a small fortune, why take the blue tongue too?!

Unfortunately at a guess considering blue tongue's aren't worth that much in a monetary sense, i wouldn't actually like to speculate the reason for it actually being taken.
Just saying considering what people do to each other and animals it wouldn't surprise me if the abduction of the lizard was just for fun's sake.

Address

The licencing authority have your address.....
the people you buy reptiles off have your details(QLD Lic papers have residential address of buyer).......
the company you buy retile products online have your address.....
All of these databases could be viewed by friends/family/work experience people/cleaner the list goes on.
Even APS wants address and the like....

you could be found very easily.

Post Office box always.

Maybe people can gain access????

APS does not require your address. They only require a valid e-mail and a contact phone number;)

Posted by Shamous1
SO. Let me get this right. No snakes in NZ at all. I guess that would be an excellent market for snakes to be smuggled to, would'nt it guys.

Don't go telling me that there are not people in NZ that do not have beautiful exotic animals in their private collections.

After all how easy would it be? They are our closest neighbour so don't tell me it can't happen.

I actually think Papua New Guinea is Australias:)P ) closest neighbour - but I am just being pedantic :D

Of course ppl would have them, but I would say it certainly aint easy getting it there. MAF are pretty good, which is why NZ still doesn't have snakes and poisonous spiders (bar the Katipo) in numbers in the wild.

Last edited:
Scumbags

Unfortunately at a guess considering blue tongue's aren't worth that much in a monetary sense, i wouldn't actually like to speculate the reason for it actually being taken.
Just saying considering what people do to each other and animals it wouldn't surprise me if the abduction of the lizard was just for fun's sake.

It would be a scumbag knocking off the violin. Probably one that wanted to look good in front of his own kid by giving him a lizard as a present.

No it's not

I actually think Papua New Guinea is your closet neighbour - but I am just being pedantic :D

Of course ppl would have them, but I would say it certainly aint easy getting it there. MAF are pretty good, which is why NZ still doesn't have snakes and poisonous spiders (bar the Katipo) in numbers in the wild.

I'm in Victoria. So NZ is my closest neighbour not PNG. Now I'm being pedantic:lol:

Apparently now APS asks for your pretty specific location. I never have nor ever will answer anything other than general area of where I live in a huge kilometer radius. Nor do I give out my home phone number to anyone, only close family has it, I just like when the phone rings that I don't have to worry about who it is because I know it's usually someone I want to talk to.

Yep, silent number and PO Box is the way to go. So many people don't realize just how anyone can find out your name and jsut look it up on whitepages.com and find out where you live. I've had a silent number for the past 10 years now.

Tsaida, the general public really does think that reptiles are worth way more than what they are. LIke I mentioned before, locals around here reckon the wild diamonds are worth thousands. Have to say I was surprised on how cheap snakes were when I first got into the hobby.

Maybe we should run our own politicl party. Rights for reptiles and their owners. I reckon we could geta seat in the upper house.

OMG I can't believe how these large scale incidents are becoming more common!
Just goes to show that you can't have faith in everyone.
We are also not listed in the phone book for security reasons ......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back