pooo you slatey

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this site is starting to come apart, don't care what some c**ks have to say behind my back I try to help the newbies as best I can. That is what the site is for to help each other. If the Mod's lives are that sad that they have to b*tch about us behind our backs well thats there problem. Go nuts I don't give a sh*t about there bullsh*t games and back stabbing.

woah looks like **** has officially hit the fan round here>>well i think they are trying to work out who 'the mole' actually is>>>>>or try get rid of the other site. either way i think they are busy little mods atm

I dont think it is possible for them to shut down another website that doesnt belong to them. They might be able to sue but as if thats worth it.

Yeah mine got deleted too.. guess Ill stay for a night.. sorry to dissapoint Duga lol

Hey steve,

did you notice your thread is moved to the mods forum???? Must have some things to 'talk' about in there!! ;)

I need to have some dinner & stuff, but I'm afraid that I'll miss something... has been a sneaking suspicion of mine for quite a while that there were "secretive" influences operating here, Slateman, your creation of APS was once a wonderful resource for us all. You have stepped back and allowed a couple of your immoderate "moderators" far to much control. They have in fact taken over and all but destroyed what APS stood for. They are sinister, deceitful powerfreaks. The only reason they wouldn't "work" with me is that I know just a bit more about herps than they do. But they never posted on herp threads (except peterescue - apologies Peter, not tarring you with the same brush!)

Jamie.

Slow down im running out of bundy cans and popcorn :lol::lol:

I think this is just the same as any group with lots of members, works the same in sport too,
EVERYONE has a say on how the site,sport,group etc should run but NOBODY wants the responserbility of running it. I think the guys here do a fairly good job, it wouldnt be easy to control a couple of hundred kids that all know best. just my 2 cents worth lol

*IDEA* Why dont people write down how THEY think the site SHOULD run and then email them to slatey and they can work out a happy medium.

YOU WILL NEVER MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY

Peace out dudes;)

It's funny that everyone says they are leaving and right now there are the most users online. The mods must be doing something right!

hmm i dont tihnk APS will be able to shut down the other site only because the information was freely available or was made available. The only thing they could get changed maybe would be having the names of the moderators removed from all the posts on the other site... but then again im just guessing and im a electrician not a lawyer :p

Yeah mine got deleted too.. guess Ill stay for a night.. sorry to dissapoint Duga lol

LOL i wasn't reffering pugs, just that how fuuny it was now everything is coming out, your alirght;)

oh come on slatey, that is old news... is that the best you can do in the mods defence?
well my post have nothing to do with mods defence.

But if you like to know, moderating is hard job and you get no thanks for it. Specially not from gentleman like you.

Gosh.

I never thought the internet could make me cry, but alas, here we are, this is too much for me to handle.. I'm getting a little emotional...

This thread is like a fantastic The Bold and the Beautiful episode!

Perhaps people should remember this is not a freedom of speech site and someone else is paying for you to view and post here. Bandwidth ain't free.

Well colour me surprised.

After a bunch of members getting smacked and told off about language and adult innuendo, when people such as myself point out adult content and things that are in particularly bad taste- we get smacked and called whingers and pussies and sooks. How the heck is that fair or right?

It doesn't have to be fair or right, because the moderators have all the power- so we have to do as they say, but if you have a problem with anyone or anything- its just your tough luck for not being born into moderatorship.

I thought this forum was awesome- now its just gone to the dogs. And to the moderators- If you have a problem with me- talk to me about it- don't hide in the moderator forums where I can't see you. Have the bollocks to speak to me.

Slateman, people would have more respect for moderators if it was done fairly, and without the backstabbing which has obviously gone on. You and Jnr do a great job, but you have to admit there has been a lot of backstabbing going on from the moderators.

Last edited:
It's still running because Marc has 95% of site members behind him. If mods screw him over anymore they will lose way too many members over it. It's crisis control at the moment. :)

It was running just for the other members to see what exactly moderators have to do to keep this site in order.
Agamidae and Herpstar with few others are no more members here and I will miss some of the ban people. But In my experience from the past, the good members usually stay. They are in most times not interested in fights like this.

well my post have nothing to do with mods defence.

But if you like to know, moderating is hard job and you get no thanks for it. Specially not from gentleman like you.

thanks but i have my own general chat site and was always aware of certain factors you are just learning..
pity because this was a fab site, informative and all that but you let idiots moderate it.

True

you guys do realise this is fueling the fire?????

i love aps please dont let it turn into a bitchy cat fight site

I also love APS and guys we don't need this. This includes everyone. I'm not taking sides, kissing anyones butt, I just want a site that is easy to use, informative etc etc .:(

Like many things in life, I think we need to remember that the answer is not always black and white.

The moderators are given the tough job of "drawing the line". They must decide when something is appropriate and when it crosses the line based on their own best judgement.

To add to this, they have the problems of:

a) being human, and
b) not being able to be in more than 1 place at a time

Because of all this, some things get missed in moderation. Because of this, sometimes they need to judge as to whether something is worth moderating.

No one likes a ref that blows the whistle too much, but we also promote this site as "child friendly". It's a tough balance to keep and I appreciate the job the mods do.

Still reading

without some sort of control being placed on him then the place has lost it's reason for being. Decent moderators are needed here, or APS, which was once a very useful resource, will alienate all those with the knowledge to make it so again.

Jamie.

Jamie I don't always agree with you but you are right on the money here.;)

all i can say is, some people have far, far too much time on their hands, For F**ks sake people, Its the god-dammed internet, give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back