Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If yor cross it back to either Coastal or Bredli, it would make it even harder to know whats what further down line...

I was joking about the Tribirds, someone in the US is scaming people for "tribrid" carpets some mix of PNG Carpets, Diamonds, and something else, like its somehting special..lol

Im with Rockman.. Dont breed it, just keep it as a pet :)

Well he is very pretty najanaja but unfortunately hybrids won't fetch you much $$.I paid $120 for my hybrid before I knew better:lol: & that is a diamond x bredli, but I also have to say he was worth it as he is growing up lovely but I definately wouldn't breed him. If you want a pure coastal you would be better off buying one, I don't think you could breed the bredli or coastal out of him now, well not for a few generations at least

i have enough coastals,,3 breeding pairs,,
just wanted something a little different

re: bredly x coastal

That is a nice little fella you got there, except there not worth much for cross breeding you normly pay a few hundred for a pur-bred but paying double you won't get it sorry to say!
I was told that my female cape york coast carpet was a cross bred snake so I got her for $180 and my male for $200 but just resantly I got them checked out and I was told they are pur-bred Cape Yorks Pythons ranging from $350 - $500 depending on the time of the year

but why would you want to cross bread when it is almost inposible to go back to when you started . Why not buy the pur-breads and get more monie back in the long run.

I don't mean to make anyone angry ok.

jojo

please correct me if iam wrong but i heard somewhere along the lines that it is actually illegal to cross breed snakes. i reckon keep your snakes as pure as possible. also if u are breeding say a bredli with a jungle for instance wouldnt it be of concern having a snake from a desert region and the other being a tropical humid region. i know too much humidity for a desert snake can cause skin rot so would crossing the pair cause health problems?

it would all be about happy mediums... and i wouldnt reckon a BHP and WOMA wouldn't be to bad, they are the same area, they got the same patterns and they are relitivly the same size... its kinda hard to picture what that breed would look like actually

it would all be about happy mediums... and i wouldnt reckon a BHP and WOMA wouldn't be to bad, they are the same area, they got the same patterns and they are relitivly the same size... its kinda hard to picture what that breed would look like actually

what would the head come out like maybe red or green????? we could call them red heads

please correct me if iam wrong but i heard somewhere along the lines that it is actually illegal to cross breed snakes. i reckon keep your snakes as pure as possible. also if u are breeding say a bredli with a jungle for instance wouldnt it be of concern having a snake from a desert region and the other being a tropical humid region. i know too much humidity for a desert snake can cause skin rot so would crossing the pair cause health problems?

Bundy , when i said about crossing a jungle with a bredli , I WAS JOKING !!! If you where STUPID enough to do so , you don't deserve to own any reptiles , EVER !!!.

I don't understand what the appeal of hybrids are? A pure Bredli looks 1000 times better than a bredli x coastal. Hybridising in my eyes is a joke, peope do it because they end up with 2 adult snakes of different species and can't buy another snake so they decide to chuck the current two together. I have seen no hybrids that come close to the standards of those bred is America.

My advice would be not to breed it at all and let it live out its days without muddying the waters of Australian snake bloodlines any further.

imo hybrids are absolutley worthless, less than worthless infact, as they have the ability to taint pure lines down the track and its inevitable that this will happen with the amount of numnuts out there doing it these days.
All my animals are pure and most are even locale specific, and i intend to keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back