Do I deserve an Infraction for having Fun???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been given an infraction for this funny thread in for sale nonrelated herp

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - I want to put my 10 cents worht in here...

1: why is it degrading for this site to show that herps can have fun?
2: if they feel sick don't read about it - simple. For that very reason i don't look up p orn on the internet.
3: I agree - it should be chit chat - or at least on Ebay - but never the less, it's not so there.
4: Speaking on behalf of Earthling I am positive the so said lint may never have sold for the asking price. However, I bet he would manufacture some if the asking price was met!
5: I don't get number 5 - "It fuelled other members to participate in chit chat discussions" what does that mean? You make it sound like it's a bad thing.
6: I would like to see the proof of the droves of people who were turned off this site because of this so said post.... Proof I ask for.. PROOF!

1. Degrading in the sense that this is a reptile discussion forum that minors visit & photo's of 1's hairy gut is not appropriate in the sense that members come here to learn about Herps not the naked body (well atleast that WAS the reason for this site originally)

2. I never read it apart from the original post because I couldn't believe what I was seeing, a threat entitled belly crap for sale, I had to confirm for myself that this site was becoming rather off.

3. So there? nice defense & I agree whole heartedly so ha!

4. Well if he intended to actually sell that I would suggest the sick perverted buyer & the seller go to another site to sell these sort of items. IMO it is pretty rank, whats next bottled farts? bagged burps? Would I be out of line if I advertised pubic hair on an aquarium site? What about bum fluff on a bird forum?

5. Yes it fuelled others. Without the thread being posted there would be no 7 page or whatever the crap was long posts of chit chat relating to off topic (& I mean OFF) posts.

6. What sort of proof would you like? Another 5 posts on members leaving? have a read ALOT of members including mods are & have left. As I said not a direct result of that particular thread but it was a contributor as members are leaving due to the off topic posts, the egotistical newbies & the moderation according to other posters.

Was I harsh? Well if the truth hurts than damn straight I was harsh. I don't want to see this site get any worse & if that means mods have to give a little warning to posters with this sort of stuff than so be it. Mind you a was a simple warning the poster recieved nothing more, the thread is still there & the member is still active.

Why petty & stupid?
Simple, because any mature person would be able to take suggestions, constructive criticism or in this case a mere warning on the chin. Why create a poll to get the opinion of others, especially if the comment & opinions of others is going to be questioned? Furthermore creating this pole is infact questioning the moderators judgement which I think should be discussed between the poster & the mods in PM, not openly discussed here to further damage this site & mods reps and risk having even more members leave.

Obviously our opinions differ & you agree with that sort of post. That is fine I shall agree to disagree.

Good retort JandC and well mannered too... still.. I see your points but like mine better :p thanks anyways...

And when this thread is terminated will a "Whas it justified my "Do I deserve an Infraction for having Fun???" thread was locked?" just pop up....lol

That thread should of been deleted sooner by Mods.

Why didnt you start it in the Chit Chat section?

Its clear that you had no real intention of selling anything,

I wonder whats going to be sold in the fro sale forum next?

Yes you are right people
This thread should be deleted sooner. I notice that bit late. But we had so much work with site changes lately and this site is so busy.

I find this thread humorous also and good joke is always welcome, but we have to keep for sale forum clear of this type of chitchat.
Please don't joke and chitchat in commercial forums in future.

I have really gotta say that this is hardly offensive material.

Yes it was in the wrong section, but mods should have bumped it to the appropriate area, or just locked the thread down.

How on earth would a discussion about belly lint or toe jam be anything but a ridiculous joke??
I dont feel that it is anthing other than a thread placed in the wrong area. Punishment probably fits the crime, but early incisive action by moderators would have been a far better tactic.

You'd have to be a pretty pedantic and petty person to leave a website which acts as such a valuable resource simply because someone posted a joke thread.

Some people need tog et a sense of humour.

I have really gotta say that this is hardly offensive material.

Yes it was in the wrong section, but mods should have bumped it to the appropriate area, or just locked the thread down.

How on earth would a discussion about belly lint or toe jam be anything but a ridiculous joke??
I dont feel that it is anthing other than a thread placed in the wrong area. Punishment probably fits the crime, but early incisive action by moderators would have been a far better tactic.

You'd have to be a pretty pedantic and petty person to leave a website which acts as such a valuable resource simply because someone posted a joke thread.

Some people need tog et a sense of humour.

But that is exactly what we have done. We just mooved this topic to chit chat forum.
Please get your fact right first befor criticism.

So enlighten me on the infraction, was the warning given for being in the For sales & not in the chit chat or was it just for the thread? Sorry, but a bit confused on this one.

i think it was worth the infraction,i despised that thread from the start:evil: .

:p just me honest opinion:lol:

You set out to stir the pot, now yu've had your hand slapped. Deal with it and stop winging.

It was a crap thread IMO so I just ignored it. It doesn't make me think anymore or any less about the member who posted it. It just didn't interest me. Although, an infraction should not have been given if it took the mods this long to put an end to it. They should have been on to it straight away. JMO..... :)

Polical Correctness

It doesn't make me think anymore or any less about the member who posted it. )

I thought it was a bit humorous but also believed that it should have died after a day or two'ish.

I like DP do not think any less of the person for posting it but having said that....................................what is the difference between hairy bellies and lint and people posting picture of themselves in dresses and makeup and yes, "I'm talking about males"?

If belly etc confuse kids or disgust people then so do males in drag. No offense and I'm not homophobic but come on.

I thought it was a bit humorous but also believed that it should have died after a day or two'ish.

I like DP do not think any less of the person for posting it but having said that....................................what is the difference between hairy bellies and lint and people posting picture of themselves in dresses and makeup and yes, "I'm talking about males"?

If belly etc confuse kids or disgust people then so do males in drag. No offense and I'm not homophobic but come on.

I suppose we can't always agree. But the original poster of the thread should be happy. Infractions are in fashion. I am trying to collect more. ;) :)

roflmao earthling, i liked your post. it was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise boring website.i was on here looking for a snake to buy, and what do i find???o_O BELLY BUTTON LINT!!!
i think everyone needs to lighten up. :)):)):)):))

my opinion is
you were selling something and having a bit of fun

it was an item for sale
it was not related to herps however it was in the for sale non herp related section was it not?
wheres the problem??

Jeez....after reading all the comments some people really are affected by my Humour.
Its humour! If you dont like it dont read it...its pretty simple really. If your affected enough by peoples chit chat and humour to not want to visit this site anymore................well.............horses for courses.

I spose what got me (which didnt get commented on) is that I was given the infraction for posting it on a for sale forum that people are paying for, which seemed to me to be their justifiction for the infraction. I however started the thread before it was a for sale column that you pay for!
Which means that their reasoning is not valid.

Also what got me was this wording
"if you like to joke in our commercial forums, you should leave our site. We will not tolerate that."
Like to joke! Its part of being Australian isnt it? Pollies joke in parliament but we cant do it on a a reptile website!?

Lastly what got me was that as fun as it is( the thread in question) I was serious in the fact that if someone coughed up the coin I would sell them my Belly Fluff Lint....wouldnt you for $89000? Thus it was in the appropriate forum...correct?

Its been interesting reading this thread and I thank you all for your comments/opinions and your votes.

Lastly, administrators, could you please reopen my Belly Fluff Lint For Sale thread ( yes in the chitchat:rolleyes: ) as people may get the impression that it has been sold, which is not the case and I would hate to miss out on a serious buyer just because they think its sold when of course its still for sale. Thanks.

Belly Fluff Lint Rulz.....OK?

bet all of yas spent either 5 mins reading his post or replying to it lol
i got one too man.. again for something i don't think had a negative
effect on anybody.. all good just take it in the guts and laugh at them :)
vigilanties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back