mating problems

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythons Rule

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
MATING PROBABLEMS

Does anyone know how long it takes for a Cape York - caostal carpets take till they are ready for laying there clutch and how many days do you have to keep them in your incubator for till they hatch?

My female (Muduiser) and My male (Thorn) have been mating. That would of been at least 2 weeks ago but she hasn't shown any signs and she is still a big greedy guts.
What are the stages? and how long do I have to build an incubator?
Does anyone know how many eggs est, for a 2 metre long python to give birth to? she is 2.5 years old.

p.s

I tried to send a pic of muduiser but it didn't work

Looks lik know one can help

Hi! My girl is getting ready for a big shed so fingers cross...hope she is I do know that after that shed start counting 25-28 days after the shed and then she should be ready for laying I just have to build a incubator and a laying box for her.

here they are

You have about 21 days after there pre-lay shed they will shed before the lay and incubation time is about 40 days or so.

If ur snake lay's you will probably be looking at a small clutch 8-12 eggs give or take.

Just because your snakes have mated doesn't mean they will lay eggs, if they started mating 2 weeks ago then they no where near laying and your female is not having a pre lay shed she is just having a normal shed.
Keeping them mating.

If she's not then there is always next year

I'm still new to all the hussel and bussel to knowing what I need and what to know about the mating stage, but if she is then I will be a very happy owner and soon to be breeder if she's not then there is always next year hey.

hears some more pics and you can check my album out as well if your interested:

take care of your snakes
jojo

Mate the mating process isn’t over yet separate them for a week then out them back together and just keep doing that in till the stop mating u never know don’t give up yet

thanks man

Thnks I hope she is but if she's not better luck next year hey.
hopefully my black headeds will be ready next year but they still quite small they'd be too young maybe still they are about 5 months old now and is it normal for a female black headed to be much smaller then the males? She is only about 60 cm and he is 1 metre same age but different clutches.

Check out the album I can't attach it through here

jojo

BHP's won't be ready to breed anywhere near 17 months sorry to say.

yes give ur bhp another 2 years..

females tend to be smaller than males at such a young age
for what reason maby some one else on here can help

Bhp

They are my prised possesions they are the most plasidest but most interesting pair for they are in the prosess of trying to find ways to distroy there enclosure at the moment it was empressive but now its been pulled apart. It could be boardem I don't really know! They look like there having so much fun tearing the plastic water proof matting off the bottom of the cage and getting behind the scenerie and ripping it off the walls... (sigh)

I'll show you pics
sorry there a bit blurry cam kept turning off on me

jojo

Who told you guys that females are smaller than males when they are young? Thats just rubbish.

Females and males can grow as quickly as each other, BHPs are fast growing snakes and properly feed BHPs should hit 5.5-6ft within a year.

BHP females can breed at 18months of age but thats pushing them and you are better off leaving them for another year for the females sake.

Females groth to males

The only reason I was curiouse is, because my female is so small compared to my male and I feed her once a week she is eating frozen fuzzies and the male eats 1 live/frozen weener depending on the size of the rat a fortnight only cause he was over waight!

He is at least 1 metre in length and she is only 60cm...

Plus a mate of mine breeds and she just got 2 BHP as well her male is much larger the the female, so go figure!
All our talk of females being much smaller them mals when there young comes from personal exsperiance.

jojo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back