Message from Lily

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I would just like to say that as one of the mods on APS I have NEVER been able to read anyone else's pm's. Even if I was able to I would not do so as this is the behaviour of a perverted voyer, and is so morally corrupt and sly it makes my stomach turn.

Has it occured to anyone that a mod forum is essentially a bunch of pm's between moderators? And this being the case, would reading it not put people in the catagory of any mod who read the pm's of site members? Who among you has not had a bit of a whinge about someone else in a pm to one of your friends?

Just because it is on offer, and just because everyone else is doing it does not mean it is right, justified or moral behaviour. To draw a parallel, by reading the mod forum you "took" what was not yours, just like the person who stole Marc's snakes took what was not their's. This thought will no doubt be unpalatable to the majority of you. It is not pleasant to have your behaviour put under the spotlight and exposed for what it is. Is not the person who steals one dollar just as bad as the person who steals one million? From a behavioural point of view, yes. A thief is a thief is a thief.

Has it not also occured to you that whoever gave Marc the link to the site which enabled him to read unpleasant things being said about him is NO FRIEND of his? After all, what friend would note that you are going through one of the hardest moments of your life, then give you even more fodder to make you feel bad? Someone was whinging about Marc... so what! I'm sure many of you have had a bit of a whinge about me in the past. I would not expect any of my friends to tell me all the unpleasant things someone is saying about me during the worst period of my life, as it it was going to help or make me feel any better.

Whoever this person was, he/she is clearly one of the cruelest and most utterly despicable people ever. I most severely condem their actions. Shame shame SHAME on you, whoever you are. Hang your head and never show your face in public again. You are a terrible human being who seeks to spread nothing but pain, disharmony and malcontent among people and communities. Are you proud of the extra pain you have caused Marc? Are you proud of the problems you have caused in the herp world lately? You are BAD person.

This whole entire episode, from Marc's snakes being stolen to the uproar moderators doing their job has caused, has shown human behaviour at it's very worst. I am most unimpressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that sums up this whole debarcle very well. Very well put.

Thank you Lily.

No replies?
People seem to be very upset about belly button lint yet this post gets only 1 reply. Not only is Lily no longer a moderator but she is not even a member here anymore.......nice work people.

No replies?
People seem to be very upset about belly button lint yet this post gets only 1 reply. Not only is Lily no longer a moderator but she is not even a member here anymore.......nice work people.

what are we ment to say????? i think evryone wants to put it behind us and move on what happened was FD up and it not something we want to keep remembering.

Whats to reply about?
Pugsly was called a whinger & a sook for leaving over all the latest stuff, shall we all throw similar insults towards Lily? Probly best if nobody does respond considering the way things have been going & what has been posted lately.

BUT I think it is pretty depressing she left & hope she will have a change of heart soon & return. I always found her to be diplomatic & fair headed and was my prefered mod to speak to regarding any issues or otherwise. I could be wrong & she could have been just as much contributing to the "mod forum bitching" as the others but what I don't know won't hurt me :p so I hope she will be back soon!

No replies?

Greebo , APS has seem to have lost many of the quality people that have experience and have replaced them with know-it -all's ! Have a look at the quality of the posts , you used to be able to come on here and have a good chat about reptiles and stuff , now it just seems to be crap ! Maybe i'm just getting a bit older and crankier , but i know i don't spend know-where the amount of time that i used to before . It's a shame , it changed so quick .

No replies?

You want more arguements Greebo? You seem disappointed no one is whinging! :lol:

Close Nightowl, I am disappointed that no one apologised to Lily. What happened obviously upset her but people seem more concerned about lint.

It was not my intention to cause more arguments.

Well I am deeply & humbly, sincerely & genuinely sorry for the actions of other members of this site :p
(as I had no part of the lynching of mods or the bitching of members).

Alot of people got upset & alot of members have left, lets not play favouritism or give an ex-mod special royalty over ex-members. My above appology goes out to ALL THOSE that have fallen in the "war of the forum" lol

I read some of that stuff, including what was said about me, and the fact that a couple of the moderators would leave the site rather than "work" with me (whatever that means...) Greebo, you were one of those, as was your friend soulweaver, who, immediately on leaving APS, tried to launch a counteroffensive against APS from another site before he was banned. I have had no aspirations to be a moderator on APS at any time, don't feel at all aggrieved by what was said about me, because my accessing the site and reading that material was entirely my choice. The point was made by Lily, that I can be blunt and undiplomatic on occasion, and I actually entirely agree with that assessment. I absolutely support her right to say what she said as a moderator, within the "confidentiality" of the mods forum. But I should point out that I am not without insight into the way I express myself, and I would suggest that APS would have avoided much of the trouble it has endured in the past couple of weeks if some of the other so-called moderators had been prepared to be similarly frank about some of the crap that has been allowed to pass as "chit-chat" here.

I have never bad-mouthed APS, and never will, it has the potential to be a useful resource again.

Get back to the APS reason for being - discussion and assistance for reptile keepers, and lose the other nonsense. If the youngsters don't like it, they may just have to go elsewhere.

Jamie.

Get back to the APS reason for being - discussion and assistance for reptile keepers, and lose the other nonsense. If the youngsters don't like it, they may just have to go elsewhere.

Jamie.

Well said Jamie ;)

I go away for a while and come back to "On The Beach" :?

I don't really know the whole story but I don't think I need to in order to respond to Lily by saying that I'm so very sorry that whatever has happened was so bad she has chosen to leave the site because of it and I'll certainly miss her input into the site. She was unusally diplomatic and even tempered in situations which often led to frayed tempers and harsh words and I admire her ability to not only see the best aspects of people's personalities but to go the extra step and let them know they're appreciated for their participation, even when they may feel they're not.

Actually Marc is glad that the link was sent to him...its good to know where you stand with people even if it hurts....he's actually very suprised with what Slateman has said, for Greebo he would expect that of him and would think something is wrong if he didnt backstab him...he also thatnks you lily for pointing out that he isnt responsible for that website and he is hurt by those who believed it was him....

Well said Lily.....like you said....we all do it...it is just that this not so nice person had to make it public!

No replies?

Gee, you can talk

Lily thanks for your statement, I'm sorry it all had to work out this way because of one person , I'll miss you from this forum (and the pics of your back ;) ). Like I said its a shame all this happened in the first place..

As for the who did it, wasn't it tyrone who caused all this?

I would just like to say that as one of the mods on APS I have NEVER been able to read anyone else's pm's. Even if I was able to I would not do so as this is the behaviour of a perverted voyer, and is so morally corrupt and sly it makes my stomach turn.

Has it occured to anyone that a mod forum is essentially a bunch of pm's between moderators? And this being the case, would reading it not put people in the catagory of any mod who read the pm's of site members? Who among you has not had a bit of a whinge about someone else in a pm to one of your friends?

Just because it is on offer, and just because everyone else is doing it does not mean it is right, justified or moral behaviour. To draw a parallel, by reading the mod forum you "took" what was not yours, just like the person who stole Marc's snakes took what was not their's. This thought will no doubt be unpalatable to the majority of you. It is not pleasant to have your behaviour put under the spotlight and exposed for what it is. Is not the person who steals one dollar just as bad as the person who steals one million? From a behavioural point of view, yes. A thief is a thief is a thief.

Has it not also occured to you that whoever gave Marc the link to the site which enabled him to read unpleasant things being said about him is NO FRIEND of his? After all, what friend would note that you are going through one of the hardest moments of your life, then give you even more fodder to make you feel bad? Someone was whinging about Marc... so what! I'm sure many of you have had a bit of a whinge about me in the past. I would not expect any of my friends to tell me all the unpleasant things someone is saying about me during the worst period of my life, as it it was going to help or make me feel any better.

Whoever this person was, he/she is clearly one of the cruelest and most utterly despicable people ever. I most severely condem their actions. Shame shame SHAME on you, whoever you are. Hang your head and never show your face in public again. You are a terrible human being who seeks to spread nothing but pain, disharmony and malcontent among people and communities. Are you proud of the extra pain you have caused Marc? Are you proud of the problems you have caused in the herp world lately? You are BAD person.

This whole entire episode, from Marc's snakes being stolen to the uproar moderators doing their job has caused, has shown human behaviour at it's very worst. I am most unimpressed.

I didn't think that a person had to be a personal friend of yours for you to inform them of what is being said about them.

P.S. Not having a go at you personally Lily as I didn't even know you were gone from the site but I do know who informed Marc of these accusations, although that will remain confidential. If someone was saying something about me, I would want to know as well. And one more thing, I am not a friend of Marc's either. Never ever spoken to the bloke....

Last edited:
how do you post unregistard, because I just got told by Greedo in a PM thats its against APS site rule and I am not allowed to post for a deleted member Marc, I guess they are worried about what he has to say...or he is right on what he says...beats me

Well said

Get back to the APS reason for being - discussion and assistance for reptile keepers, and lose the other nonsense. If the youngsters don't like it, they may just have to go elsewhere.Jamie.

Here Here Jamie. I don't always agree with you either but I respect what you have to say and I totally agree with you here.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back