Message from Lily

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Here Jamie. I don't always agree with you either but I respect what you have to say and I totally agree with you here.;)

You said that you don't always agree with jamie last time Shane :) :) What happened between you 2? ;) :)

Unfortunately, as much as I loved being on APS, it has gone downhill. It seems like memberships were given out in the Bertie Beetle Showbag or something. A huge amount of extremely experienced and knowledgable members have left. If the mods don't get stricter, and not for petty swear words in the context of conversation, this site will fall in a heap. Mark my words.

how do you post unregistard, because I just got told by Greedo in a PM thats its against APS site rule and I am not allowed to post for a deleted member Marc, I guess they are worried about what he has to say...or he is right on what he says...beats me

Sounds pretty typical and IMO one of the real reasons why people get fed up with this site.

its against APS site rule and I am not allowed to post for a deleted member Marc, I guess they are worried about what he has to say...or he is right on what he says...beats me

When a member is deleted it is usually because of something they have said. They are deleted to prevent them posting more of the same. There would be no sense in allowing someone else to post the same stuff on behalf of the deleted member.

:p

Hix

When a member is deleted it is usually because of something they have said. They are deleted to prevent them posting more of the same. There would be no sense in allowing someone else to post the same stuff on behalf of the deleted member.

Hix

That makes sense. I agree there. But what was with the "unregistered" user name. Also, was Lily banned or did she remove herself

Lily has asked to have her Mod status revoked because she has had enough of all the mod-bashing. And I can't say I blame her.

:(

Hix

Hix

Actually Marc didnt say anything bad about the mods...only the onwer of the site, and even then his comments to slatey were fairly civil, and cant stand Greebo but still refains from mentioning other than a couple of comments. He got banned because he posted up that website that wasnt his anyway. So it was just an easy way for Slateman to shut Marc's mouth...

Actually Marc didnt say anything bad about the mods...only the onwer of the site, and even then his comments to slatey were fairly civil, and cant stand Greebo but still refains from mentioning other than a couple of comments.

Actually, I was explaining why we have the rule that no member can post on behalf of a member who has been suspended or banned. And I did say "usually because of something they have said". I wasn't talking about Marc specifically, even though you were.

Suspended and Banned Members can still contact Slatemen by using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the home page. This can be accessed by anyone without having to logon, and some suspended members have done exactly that.

Hix

actually Marc cant because his IP is blocked and cant even log onto the site to read this

Congratulations Lily! you've reached the status of tall poppy. Aussie tradition lives on. Biuld em up so you can knock em down. PS please edit and punctuate properly.

From a South African point of view as well as a Herpetologist point of view I can say that this whole thing is just pathetic. It shows the amateurism that is the reptile hobby still. It has not gotten to where the rest of the world is yet. Every day I just get more and more dissapointed about what is said and done in the reptile hobby in Australia and you know what. It is just holding back the full potential of what could be Australian Herpetoculture. You dont see anybody being thrashed in sites like Moreliapythons.com. The mods have to get rid of these people that cause trouble on the net and dont have anything good to say. These forums are there to help youngsters have some sort of access to info on keeping reptiles. As the president of the VHS in Victoria i can say that we also get talked about and are sometimes not liked. But talking is different than doing something. And as usual there are always more of these over inflated airbags around. The mods work on here with their own time, and then gets critisized. How does that work. At the end of the day this site is here to promote reptile keeping. And that is just that. It sickens me when people have nothing good to say about each other. I have had many differences of opinions with some of the big guns on this forum and I can see them appearing on here less and less. That is a pity as people get fed crap on here these days. Sorry just my 2 cents.
MH

i think people need to wake up... who cares what people say about you??? what you think your closest friends and family dont have a winge about the way you act or treat them?? Having a good old fashion winge is what helps keep most friendships/relationships going...

just cause someone doesnt agree with you doesnt mean they dont like you. and just cause they do agree doesnt mean they respect and like you.

its sad to have lost lily she was nice.

people wake up to your self and start acting like adults... this is not days of our lives there is no evil plot against you and not everyone has to get on with each other. cause people with alot of information and experence are getting feed up with it and if they all leave whats the point of having APS??

Its here to help people.... and im sorry but if they leave so does all the information

i think that alot of civis need a leason from the Defence Force....

Harden up princesses

It is sad when people are made to feel that they have to leave this site. In my opinion it should never happen and we should all just get along as best we can.

I understand that not everyone will get along 100% of the team but why can't we learn to avoid confrontation where possible.

It is sad when people are made to feel that they have to leave this site. In my opinion it should never happen and we should all just get along as best we can.

I understand that not everyone will get along 100% of the team but why can't we learn to avoid confrontation where possible.

That's because some people crave the attention and crave conflict. People will just not learn....

I

Well, I'm not giving up on APS - it still has enormous potential, and I don't care what the bulk of them think of me!

J.

Pythonifinite and Diamond_Python

I think you are a great source value Pythoninfinite. You obviously are an educated person with pretty good values and not a bad interest in all things herps. I don't always agree with you 100% of the time but I like your honest and up-front-ness.;)

Hi DP you posted and quoted me but you also had an I at the bottom. Were you going to ad something and then thought you had better not and changed your mind?:lol:

Very sorry to see you go Lily, you will be missed here.
Maybe when you're sick of being abused as a forum frequenter again, you'll decide to go back to being abused as a forum moderator again :lol:

I hope this site can pick itself back up and become more like what it used to be. When I first joined up nearly a year ago I was on here all the time (way too much as some may remember :lol: ) and there was a great atmosphere. There was a good mix, it seemed, of chatting and serious discussion, there was always some interesting and funny threads to catch up on, now it all seems like the same old stuff so I only bother to log on a couple of times a week.

For a start we all need to stop posting so much absolute drivel (yes, I know, I'm still quite guilty of that one too), obey the site rules, respect the site moderators and let them do their job without giving them a hard time. Also, as much fun as debating can be, we need to keep it on topic, not make it personal and........... ah, stuff it, I give up, its never going to happen :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back