Snakes N Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can't helo you with the questions but, Congradulations! you lucky son of a gun :D i can't wait to get a water python! (this season :D )

Please don't take offence to this but you should seriously consider giving the eggs to someone who is in a better position to care for them. You might be able to work out some sort of agreement so you both get a cut of the profit. You just don't seem like you are ready for a heap of babies.

Please don't take offence to this but you should seriously consider giving the eggs to someone who is in a better position to care for them. You might be able to work out some sort of agreement so you both get a cut of the profit. You just don't seem like you are ready for a heap of babies.

you are so right there mate , im open to offers :D

all i ever wanted was a plain snake n ended up a dady :lol:

you are so right there mate , im open to offers :D

all i ever wanted was a plain snake n ended up a dady :lol:

If you do decide that it might be best you could try posting something in the Wanted section. I'm sure there would be someone over there with a bit of room who might want a little extra $$$

good idea, c if u can atleast get someone in your area to help you out with doing the right things even if your not giving them to someone else to incubate. definitely get a cover for your light bulb! you also seem to be missing a hide for her, that may be part of the reason why she is hissing and not letting go of the eggs (she doesnt feel safe leaving them alone). good luck with your babies and congratulations!

Heaps of clik claks on heat mats(heat tape). Make sure there are hides and water bowls in each clik clak, and each one has a thermometer attached to keep an eye on temps. How many eggs did she lay? Good Luck

I was thinking the same thing. Don't take it personally. Just a good learning curve. Hope all goes well.

can only count 12 , yer im realy not into it all :) think ill just let nature take its course n see wat happens , may be a waste but im sure there are plenty that live out there so my few wont matter i hope, just seems a bit crule lol, ill keep yas posted to wat happens
cheers mick

Surely there's a member of the forum in Adelaide who could go help this poor fellow?

It seems a sad thing to risk all those lovely babies with haphazard information on a forum to someone who's fairly new to snakes and is in serious need of help. I wish I could help, but I'm a whole state away!

I'm worried that when these babies hatch, they won't be properly cared for, as it appears an expense that Mick didn't count on. 12 Click Clacks, heat cord, thermostat....all extra costs. And he really doesn't seem interested. No offence Mick, its just how you come across. Forgive me if I'm assuming wrongly.

What do you plan on doing with the babies Mick?

I hope someone can go help Mick.

I was thinking the same thing AL, surely someone would incubate and set the babies up for half the clutch?

I have PMd Baca

I have a mate in Adelaide who would be able to help.

Just have to get in contact with Baca

D

I have PMd Baca

I have a mate in Adelaide who would be able to help.

Just have to get in contact with Baca

D

cheers for that kali
think ill let nature take its course

talket to a freind today who nos the guy i got it of n this will be the 2nd lot , both with diff males/dads lol last lot was left n 6 lived out of 10 she thinks , so its a breeder snake so i might get rid of it if any1 is interested , be a waste for wat im after outa a snake , would swap it for a normal large frendly male of some sort or sell it
cheers mick

i think you should wiat till these eggs have hatched and then not breed it again (which seems you won't be doing) any snake can be a breeder or a non breeder thats not what you have to do with it ! would probably fine for what you want it for after these eggs are gone

i see were u are comming from , but is iot not better to have a proven breeder if ur gona breed ? just think its a waste for me to keep if som1 can make good use outa it , usually the snake just sits there n looks good , i dont play with it etc but the young kids get it out every now n then ,
as u guys can see i no nothink about them , all i do is put a rat in there every few weeks lol

No offence Mick but if you are that apathetic about the snake and the eggs why did you get it in the first place? Just curious! Just letting nature take its course is not the answer because whilst the animal is in your care and captive there is no nature-you are nature and the animal can only survive if you assist it. There is more to keeping native reptiles then throwing a rat in there every few weeks, food, water, heat source, heat gradient, somewhere to hide!!, coughs-sneezes, bad sheds, humidity, dryness, scale rot, branches to climb on, etc Honest mate-good luck with the eggs-wish I was so lucky! and good luck with the snake-please do some research on the animal and the captive care of the animal and I promise you, you will appreciate it and enjoy it even more!
Again not an attack on you but there is more to keeping them then most people realise.
Good luck mate.
Davo

just a update

all is good so far , she has been on the eggs and quit often opens up to cool them down i imagine , she ejected 1 of the eggs , it was brown n all shriveld up, ive had heaps of offers to take care and thank every1 for this ,
ill give another update soon
cheers mick

she ejected 1 of the eggs , it was brown n all shriveld up

wow, thats pretty nifty, i didn't know they did that.

Good to hear that everything is going well so far and remember if you need help there are plenty of people on this site that will offer help :)

hows the progress going, good luck with the clutch mate, would love to see some pics of the bubs as they hatch, how much longer is left
kylie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back