Water Pythons! Many Pictures :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've received many requests for pictures of my Water/Rainbow Pythons lately, so, here they are :) Most of these have been posted before, but most of the people who have asked for pictures haven't seen these ones before, so bare with us :) In a couple of months I'll start taking them outside again and will get some new pictures. Around about the same time I should have eggs hatching, and will hopefully manage to get a nice hatching picture or two.

I'll start off with one of the older pictures, this is Aimy, about two years ago (about three years of age at the time).

AimysheadminimisedFeb2005.jpg

and a couple of head shots of one of Aimy's boyfriends.

Fuscusheadbluish25-9-05Ant.jpg

Fuscusheadreddish25-9-05Ant.jpg

Here is one of Aimy's daughters, Jade, enjoying a rat :) (this girl adores her food!)

Jadelovesrats.jpg

Aimy and Sdaji enjoying some late autumn 2005 sun.

AimyandSdajiearlyMay2005APScrapvers.jpg

one of Aimy's babies, shortly after his first slough (before his first feed). I've kept this little guy, he is one of my favourites :) ).

17flowerhead.jpg

Moosenoose's kids and a couple of my nastiest Water Pythons

MooseskidsandRainbowss.jpg

Another picture of Jade Kong the wonder snake :)

Jadeheadd.jpg

Some hatching shots from last season

fuscushatchingclose.jpg

hatchingbuddies.jpg

fuscushatchingdark.jpg

Removing those eggs from Aimy (sorry for posting this, Aimy, I know you weren't looking your best after producing your eggs :oops: :( ). As you can see, she is a very easy going animal, even when her eggs are being removed. She doesn't attempt to get angry, but I swear I can see sadness in her when I 'steal' what she has spent a whole year creating (yes, I know, I'm pathetic :oops: ).

Removingfuscuseggs2005.jpg

A couple of rainbow pictures from an almost yearling male (another one of Aimy's babies), these pictures were taken roughly two weeks ago.

Rainbow.jpg

Rainbow2.jpg

Jade Kong the wonder snake at five and one half months of age (she isn't looking great because she was sloughing, but when a snake grows as rapidly as she did, it sloughs very frequently! :) ). At that stage I think she was being fed about four large meals per week.

Jade.jpg

Aimy playing with Moosenoose and two of his kids

Aimystretch.jpg

And a few more pictures with Moose's kids and Water Pythons...

AimygoingtoMoosesson.jpg

Lastone.jpg

MooseKidsandAimy.jpg

Moosedaughteragain.jpg

Moosedaughteragainn.jpg

Moosedaughteryellowbelly.jpg

I've also attached three recent pictures of Jade and myself playing in the sun a week or so ago. Yes, I was almost as tired as I look :lol: :oops:

Attachments

• Python Kisses.jpg
    Python Kisses.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 114
  • Jade hiding in Sdaji's hair.jpg
    Jade hiding in Sdaji's hair.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Sdaji and Jade curious.jpg
    Sdaji and Jade curious.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 110
I've never been much on snakes, but damn those are some nice snakes!

Just gorgeous!!

Thanks for posting Sdaji- I just love the yearling male scale pics....they'd look good on my wall too *grin*

Awesome...!

Time and persistence DP :D The restraints are off completely next year, and damn well so they should be! It’s taken me near 4yrs to break those shackles lol She’s saying “NO” to vens, but I think that’s more of a “MAYBE” in my mind :D

I thought this photo was quite amusing. I reckon this one is smiling :D

Attachments

• WatersTwo.jpg
    WatersTwo.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 139
Man i love water pythons.

There are no other snakes anything like them!!

im going to have to feed squeezy a little faster. Shes getting there, but nowhere near as big as aimy.

Hi, beautiful snakes you have there. I never realised how gorgeous they were, I've shyed away from the waters a bit, because of their reputation. I can see that your snakes are very friendly, but how are they when getting them out of their enclosure. Do they bite and then calm down once they're out in your hands? Or are they calm all the time? I have seen first hand a water python that acted aggressively while being removed, but calmed immediately down while being handled, then had another snappy turn while being put back in it's enclosure. What are your thoughts?

Hi Sdaji love your babies

hey gosh I just can't get anough of snakes they are so gorgouse and I have 4 so far I love the pics of you hatchlings they are so quite and thats the only time I use that word I am interested in buying a few more early next year eather a pair of jungels or bredlies or even a pair of rainbow surpants.

I'm trying to find out all I can before I make a dissition you know! so is there anything you can tell me about these beutifull animals and what type of enclosure? how big they grow? what they eat? how there with for breeding? andhow much you sell them for ?

I think I'm finally comming around and starting to think I might need one of your non-devil waters...

Just a tip though-when taking photos with you in them try to keep those luxurious locks of yours out of shot. They're too distracting :lol: :p

Thanks for all of your kind words everyone :)

Moosenoose: I'm thrilled to hear they're going well :D Thanks again for letting me use these pictures!

AntaresiaLady (and anyone else I suppose): If you'd like to print them out, feel free, but you'd be better off with the original (larger) versions, which I'd be happy to send.

Jones: all of my adults are perfectly docile, in and out of the enclosure. I have one which was a snappy baby, but she grew out of it over time. Up until about a year of age (if I remember correctly) she was 'cage defensive', but as soon as she realised it was me and not a murderous bunyip she would relax (this usually took about 5 seconds or so) she would be fine if you went back to the enclosure soon after, presumably because she figured it was me coming back and not the bunyip (or dingo, or aboriginal hunter, or whatever it is which most has most shaped their "I am made of food" instincts. Until she was about three months old she was a little terror! :lol: The others have been perfectly friendly since hatching.

Br8knitOFF: excellent! :D I'm elated to hear that my passion is having an effect across the globe :D Best of luck with them :D

Amazing snakes

Sdaji,

Your snake pics always amaze me. I'll have to show the kids when I get home. They love your snake pics too.

Take care,

Shaen

those egg shots are awesome! I love the one with with the two hatchies poking their heads out together, so cute! :)
My boyfriend has always wanted a water python and now i know why!
Amy seems incredibly placid ... what is the usual temperment for water pythons?

Thanks, Shane :)

Julie-anne: Thanks :D Your boyfriend has good taste, be sure to encourage it ;)

Yes, Aimy is very placid, as are all of my adult Water Pythons (Jade was a crazy little baby, but as you can see she is a wonderful adult - I wouldn't put her near my face or anywhere near kids if she wasn't). Most of the Water Pythons I've had much to do with have been absolutely lovely animals, but I've also known some shockingly nasty ones (then again, I've known shockingly nasty individuals of every species of python I've had anything to do with). People argue about the QLD Water Pythons being different from the NT Water Pythons in personality ("QLD" being said to be better than "NT"), and I have found this to be generally true, based on animals from the east coast of QLD (originating from Cairns, Townsville and Innisfail - mine are from Townsville) compared to animals from Fogg Damn (NT) and Darwin - it's worth pointing out that "NT" and "QLD" are not locations, they are massive areas with countless populations. It is probably also worth pointing out that most of the Water Pythons in captivity are from NT (mostly from Darwin and Fogg Dam) and most of the supposedly "QLD" animals in captivity are actually from NT or are crosses. The personality of Water Pythons (once they've learned that you don't want to hurt them!) is what I love most about them. When mine aren't interested in playing, they actually don't hiss or strike, they shove me away with the middle of their bodies! I haven't heard of this behaviour in NT Water Pythons and am not sure if they do it, I find it very cute!

Its awesome the way they do that isnt it??

The papuan populion is notoriously grumpy, but then again, wild caught pythons are generally like that anyway.

I've got a mate in PNG and he thought i was absolutely crazy when i told him the python i was keeping.

I do love the brighter and more orange ventral colouration though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back