New Coastal Carpet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a healthy python to me. Advice re leaving alone in its new enclosure for a few weeks is sound, as is not feeding 2 snakes together. Hell eat when hes ready, possibley the girl is simply not hungry after bulk feeding.
I remember my big coastal went 8 months without a feed once, it cvan be frustrating for the owner but the snake will be fine. :)
Looks like your little Poppet loves pythons too! :)

Well now I have just bought the outdoor aviary. If he is an integrade then he should be able to live locally as Diamond Pythons do it fine and he is the same species. Otherwise, anyone wanna swap a pair of integrades for a pair of diamonds????? Cheers Pete

Thanks for all you help guys. I think I have the feeding thing sorted. But I am still uncertain about he outdoor housing. As diamonds and carpets are the same species, and diamonds are found locally, why wouldnt a carpet survive outdoors just as well as a diamond?

Sorry if I have misunderstood the biology here.

Hello Peter,

The breeder who sold me one of my coastals keeps all of his adult coastals and diamonds outside all the time in aviaries. He provides no heating and leaves them out all year around. They breed every year for him and have done so for many years.

He lives in Sydney.

My big coastal boy hates being cold, and seems slower to feed when cold.

it may be two things, firstly, because you put two snakes together which will stop them both from eating, adn secondly tease your snake with the mouse, make it move across its cage, trying to make it look alive may stimulate the snake. same thing happened to me dont worry

Isn't it amazing what a years worth of online herping and money can do lol

Too true duga!

Funny to read back over this old thread now and realise how much we can learn over a relatively short period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back