Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I place this thread here in Herp Help because as the description says, "Questions and answers about reptile related problems."

And this is a question about a reptile RELATED problem.

All you married people, we as men need a solution, I lie, i as a "in the dog box (or soon to be) " husband needs a solution

I have just paid for and will receive two blondes on friday.

What do i do? I havent told the wife.

My options
a) run the gauntlet, and pretend like they were always there, even though they are totally different from the rest of the collection;

b) pretend the that money missing from the account was to sponsor aid relief in a third world country and as a complementary gift they have sent me some snakes;

c) tell her and get the latest cook book in preparation for the next month of cooking that i will have to do;

d) attempt to convince her that now the economies of scale are greatly in our favour and acquiring and studying these animals would benefit society greatly, plus add to our financial situation when they breed;

or
e) hand the divorce papers to her now, signed with a note saying "i understand if you must sign as this addiction has become somewhat like air to me"

Men, we/ I need answers. Time is short

Signing off, a fallen soldier

D

:lol: Whatever your decision, I'm proud of you Kali! :D hehe

Hey I Am A Woman And I Am The One Who Buys All These Reptiles. My Husband Isnt Into Them At All. So Its Me. Alot Of Woman Love Em. If Your Wife Aint Happy Then Thats Her Problem . She Should Respect Your Hobby. My Husband Doesnt Have Anything To Do With My Reptiles But He Constantly Buys Me Them And Stuff For Them Cause He Knows How Much I Love Em.

Yeah, I'm the reptile owner in our family.

if you brought them into my house I would be extatic!

They are lovely snakes!

My hubby says no all the time, did you see my post for Hamish my new Gecko?? He at least thinks he is cute! hehehe

I just go along with the no and buy what I want anyway, telling him, Iat least you know where I am!! Always at home with the reps! hehehehe

My partner doesn't like reptiles, but me as a woman love them =) i say go with the "honey they're a gift for you!" ploy =)

Say 'hey honey look at my new snakes'......if she complains, say' i don't stop you buying shoes'

Grow some minerals as well would help :lol:

Grow some minerals he says.

Not much point growing them if you stand up and are never to use them.

Might go with the anniversary present idea.... and i had to get two because its our .... second anniversary yeah

I reckon that will work a treat.

D

Hey I Am A Woman And I Am The One Who Buys All These Reptiles. My Husband Isnt Into Them At All. So Its Me. Alot Of Woman Love Em. If Your Wife Aint Happy Then Thats Her Problem . She Should Respect Your Hobby. My Husband Doesnt Have Anything To Do With My Reptiles But He Constantly Buys Me Them And Stuff For Them Cause He Knows How Much I Love Em.

Wow that was hard to read. so many capitals..argghghghghghghg...

Yeah I Really Didnt Want To Say Anything In Case She Got Upset

Dont worry Kali I make all the decisions in my house too................after the wife tells me what to say :lol:

The good thing is is that she is now starting to tell me what we are getting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah i can see this working.... wait i am imagining it right now

I reckon it would go down like:

"Look HON-EY, I am the BOSS"

This is what would happen, one of these:
a) She would look at me, look around the room befuddled then probably turn to me and ask
"Who are you talking to"

b) "Not while i am wearing the girls body"

c) Sneeze then say, "Sorry i am allurgic to bull****"

d) Smile at me delightfully, hug me, "I know you darling, I dont really mind". Then she would shower me in gifts, paid from my account, things like, a new pair of high heels, a new bag, maybe a new dress.ooooh earings.

e) Look at me sternly " You know darling, i thought you were just about to say something intelligent"

or

f) Look quizickly at me shaking her head "If you had half a brain, it would be lonely, now take out the garbage"

Man i really could be done for, this is no ordinary woman, its the wife. She has half my stuff now.

There is no turning back

D
mmm, i see the spot ya in, ive got a couple of ideas, 1st & most important get to a doctor & get ya heart muscle fixed, 2nd buy a skirt , for you not for she who must be obayed, 3rd a battered men refuge, i think there is one at dekean , or ya can put up a tent in my back yard ,if ya mow me lawn, do the washing up ect or ya can do what the boss tells ya

That is quite amusing

I think i may have just compounded the problem cause Artie is selling a female Diamond and enclosure that i am just going to have to buy.

This is gunna be awesome, blondes arriving Friday

Hopefully drive up to sydney on the weekend or something get female diamond.

Yeah, this is going to be great

I can already feel the look coming on

D

are you some kind of pain freak, like ya said mate she now owns you and all your possesions, remember whats yours is hers & what hers is hers, good luck with her & your new pythons.

Wow, whipped. Clean the house, cook her dinner, draw her a warm, scented bath, massage her feet, tell her you love her, buy her a nice present (chocolates and flowers are not a good idea, maybe some essential oils) and then when none of that works, hide.

na na na youve got it all wrong, come on we all know it dosent matter what they think any way, just do it, tell her and then tell her there are gonna be a hell of a lot more before the years up to, NOW MAKE MY DINNER.!!!!!!!!!!

(good luck)

Nice snakes, I'm most likely getting a blonde for my first snake.

All you guys saying just tell her whos boss etc,

I can just see you now sitting there at home typing it while you check constantly over you should for the looming wife

D

HAHAHA my girl is lying next to me reading, She breeds bird eating spiders......you reckon i have problems getting more snakes?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back