Green Tree Frog tadpoles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoofinFrog

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Anyway know the story with NSW laws on selling / moving on Green Tree Frogs / Tadpoles????

My frogs decided to mate about a month ago, and lump me with a few hundred tadpoles. Over the past week they have started hopping out of the water and around the cage. It has been kinda fun to watch them grow / morph, but when they all turn into frogs over the next month, I have no idea what I am going to do with them all????

Main reason I am asking, is that I read that in NSW you can't advertise to sell them ??? Is this true, or have I just mis-understood the wildlife forms???

Anyone one got any ideas of advice on how to move on excess supply?

:p

Melgalea

Hi all,

Anyway know the story with NSW laws on selling / moving on Green Tree Frogs / Tadpoles????

My frogs decided to mate about a month ago, and lump me with a few hundred tadpoles. Over the past week they have started hopping out of the water and around the cage. It has been kinda fun to watch them grow / morph, but when they all turn into frogs over the next month, I have no idea what I am going to do with them all????

Main reason I am asking, is that I read that in NSW you can't advertise to sell them ??? Is this true, or have I just mis-understood the wildlife forms???

Anyone one got any ideas of advice on how to move on excess supply?

:p

Contact Melgalea on this site. I think is looking for some. If it was in Vic I'd definately get some

actually cris, am thinking my larger frogs would love to have a bit of a feed on the little babies too!!!!
Had to seperate them as soon as the little ones started jumping out

;0)

where are you located? i have applied for my froggy licence and as soon as its back im looking to buy some

I am in Sydney.

Let me know how you go.....still have lots of tadpoles without legs.......if you want the full experience :p

are you going to get rid of the all? I would be keen but I am in Brisbane and would love to take a bundle of your hands! Whats your plans, and do you know exactly what they are?

Yeah, I am up keen to move them on out of my hands. I already have 6 Green Tree Frog adults and 1 Male White Lip Green Tree Frog.
I may keep up to three babies, but really, it would be best if I could on sell them to other people who are keen to look after them (Other than you Snake people who want to fatten them up for feeding) ;0)

Oh, Kirrachaos, they are all Green Tree Frogs, Litoria caerulea. I have had the adults for the last few years

Are any of them little frogs yet? Could you ship at all, im in Brisbane thats all lol. Thanks

i am looking for a couple tree frogs im searching every where but noone seems to sell many were abouts in sydney are you im in cronulla

Hi all who PM'd me,

I shall respond over the next few days to you all......I have about 50 of the little green fellows hopping around at the moment.
(sorry didn't realise I was being pm'd) opps!!!

To answer some questions globally....yes they are Green Tree Frogs (Litoria caerulea) and were laid 11th Septs (do you say laid???) Anyway, In the last week about 35 have started hopping out of the water....and a couple more each day.

And I am in in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney....if that helps anyway with location

Cheers

DoofinFrog

It seems to be a fun process and it is too watch. But I now have about 200 little mouths to feed and the way WA laws are set up they are quite hard to get rid of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back