uh oh broken click clack lid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peregrinus

Reaction score
hello all!!

i stepped on my click clack lid, it doesnt seal and the snake can get out if it needs to, i had already setup the large enclosure in prep for when my 8-9 month old MD can move in... after breaking it.. i have put the little fella in the big enclosure with hides at both ends and all the required heating, water, bedding... will this freak him out too much?? cause i be causing too much stress cause its in the big box now? the hides are very tight for him he should feel safe... but if i have to get another click clack... so be it....

note: he is approx 50-60cm

thanks!

i have just got my first snake and he is a spotted i have taken him from a click clack and put him in a 2 foot fish tank and he is stressed as every time i put my hand in he goes to strike

umm its quite large, 4 foot long.. 1.5 wide.. 2 feet high :( he seems to be hanging out in the warm hide, i havent disturbed him for a couple of days.. but when he was in there and i put my hand in he wanted to rip it apart heh

BOTH OF YOU : leave it alone for a week or maybe 2 weeks. Try covering up the enclosure abit so he cant see movement like newspaper or a towel. Feed it a couple of times then try to handle it.

Scrunch up some newspaper and put in there so that he can hide under it and move around under coverover time remove some slowly

Scrunch up some newspaper and put in there so that he can hide under it and move around under coverover time remove some slowly

thats a good idea.... bulk up the space abit..

i shredded some newspaper(manually with stanley pretty nice strips bout 6-8mm wide ) and scrunched n piled it up for my lil stimmi when we got him for a coupla weeks, he was always playin in it russlin and hidin now he happy n settled in i pulled it out last week and he got a couple sheets of newspaper to hide under........ occasionaly

put the click clack inside the enclosure, he is used to being in it, he may go into it while it is inside the enclosure, he can come and go as he pleases then

yeah good idea, thanks. I went out and bought heaps of those artificial leaves that are in bunches, overnight he left the hide and is under a pile of leaves in the middle of the enclosure.. im guessing he has found the perfect temp spot for himself at the moment without feeling vunerable which makes me happy...

the click clack is also there incase he feels the need.

I went and got some pinkes but forgot to say rat pinkes... apparently he has been feeding on rat pinkes.. im not sure if he is going to eat them.. and by the size of them he will need 2 or 3.. should i just go get rat ones or give it a go?

What sort of enclosure is it? You may be able to place a divider in the tank and make his room smaller that way. I did this for my first hatchie carpet about 6 years ago when all I had for a tank was a 4ft fish tank. I just cut some ply to fit in the middle and split the tank into 2.

Myabe it would be easier and better for the snake if you bought a new click clack?

Regards Alex

i think 4ft may just be to big for now i have 2 girls about the same age and size and they are in a 1ft (ish) tank and they are really happy in there both of them are always out and about after 5pm till 8ish thats when i go to work and so i dont no what they do when i am gone :) even a 2 ft tank woulsnt be as bad if you has lots of stuff in it maybe you shoult think of an in between tank? cause your snake will proberbly out grow a click clack before it grows into a 4ft tank!!! i had my 6ft pythons in a 4 ft tank and he went into it when he was about 5ft. but up untill then he was the 1ft tank my bredli is now in i have big tanks for them when they grow up but not till they really out grow theses ones

i put him in, i put the lid on and click clack on.. he relaxes and coils up, then in the morning he has fled the click clack and decided he likes the fake bushes better, does that mean i should just leave him or get a new lid and put him back?

it depends is he going to spend all his time hiding and being scared? maybe you could section the tank off so its not so big?

i put him in, i put the lid on and click clack on.. he relaxes and coils up, then in the morning he has fled the click clack and decided he likes the fake bushes better, does that mean i should just leave him or get a new lid and put him back?

i would just leave him, i gave my childreni the option when i got her and she didn't stay in the click clack (she was 4months old) since then she has lived in the tank (from day 1 i got her) the tank is 3ft so i would say you md at that age in a 4ft tank would be fine althoug it is big it doesn't matter as long as your willing to give him a little more time to settle in! (bout 2 weeks or so)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back