My first breeding sucess - Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpike

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Here are the pics as promised.

Dad in first.. Mum in second.. Bubs in the rest.

Attachments

• herpsdadcam3 003.jpg
    herpsdadcam3 003.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 140
  • Daisy Colourfull 2.jpg
    Daisy Colourfull 2.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 123
  • mybabies 003.jpg
    mybabies 003.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 124
  • mybabies 006.jpg
    mybabies 006.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 125
  • mybabies 007.jpg
    mybabies 007.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 138
10 eggs, 4 beardies. I didnt set them up right and lost 5 of them.. and one egg died close to hatching. And i may have lost a few in second clutch. Only time will tell.

oh how cute are those babies, i remember my bearded dragon days lol
kylie

Well done Kane. What did you do wrong mate? We can learn from that.

Rastass.. It was a simple mistake. I put a lid with hole in it on (an old cricket box). The humidity exacapes through the holes.. so i was told. I had the second clutch like that for a bit so mayof lost one or two eggs. Hoping to get a good success rate from that clutch.

Cheers guys and thanks for the kind comments:D!!

Last edited:
Congrats mate, those parents look bloody awesome so the little tackers should turn out very nicely. Good luck with raising them.

Regards Alex

Wow! First time! How exciting! :D Congratulations! :D Well done!

Congrats on the bubs Kane!!! :D
They are so cute.

Thanks guys.. it was a week ago and I am still pinching myself... first time is the best:D

good work there kane, my other 3 tawny dragon eggs are hatching today, i lost 2 of them, i think they were infertile but all the others look rerally good, i incubated mine in a crickjet box with no holes in the lid, its improtant to keep the humidity in, those babies are gonna b stunners oneday

Well done MrSpike!
baby beardies are sooo cool.
Congrats
Adam

well done mate. Show us a picture of the orange hatchy? also are you using glad wrap now? on a 60:40 mix of vermiculite:water?

Great one Kane, Don't worry about the dying eggs. Reptile Breeding is full of high's and lows (just as long as your highs outweigh your lows) Yeh those cotainers have way too much air flow, Use cotainers with tighter fitting lids.

Well done mate! You must be very excited, I can't wait to get my first hatchies (they sure won't be beardies though, having only 4 males makes that a bit hard :lol: )

Grats on the hatching. I am waiting for my spotted to lay any day now :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back