harmfull?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragons75

Reaction score
Gday all just wondering if any one knows are ecalyptus leaves safe for beardies?Im looking at putting a fresh branch in every couple of days for them to play on is this ok? cheers happy herping dave

This is not exactly an accurate answer for you but considering the majority of the Australian bush is eucalyptus trees, I would guess that it would be quite safe for your beardies.

Thanks that was my line of thought and why i chose eucalypts .Humidity is the only ither concern

as long as they dont try to eat the leaves i cant see a problem. but they may die if they do, i think its poisenous in so way shape or form. dont quote me tho

If they try to eat eucalypt leaves they will spit them out due to the bad taste, I've used them with lizards since I can remember with no problems so it should be ok.

I think it's Tea tree you're talkin about TP. Tea Tree (or sometimes spelt Ti Tree) is apparently poisonous to Aussie Herps.

Or am I thinking of when they are converted into oil form? Hence why you don't use them to clean your enclosures.

should be fine just watch out for parasites.......i used to put leaf litter from the local park in with my black head and she picked up a couple of ticks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back