Perfect timing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

Reaction score
Went home from work the other day for lunch and found one of my Boyd Forest Dragons girls laying. She had been digging for the two days prior.

Over the moon

Attachments

• TC Boyd Female Laying 2.jpg
    TC Boyd Female Laying 2.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 286
  • TC Boyd Female Laying 1.jpg
    TC Boyd Female Laying 1.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 182
Thats the first time I've ever seen that breed...
she still looks so skinny! There couldn't have been many eggs...

It will be good to see some pics of the hatchlings, I have never seen young forest dragons. good luck.

if you dont mind me asking, how much will you be selling them for? if your not selling them, what would i expect to pay for a hatchling?

Thanks everyone.

She does look very skinny after laying but after a few good feeds and a pinky or two she looks great again.

She laid 4 perfect eggs.

I saw an add for them on RDU for $700 for Hatchies. Attached is a couple of pics of one of the hatchies from last year and one of the Br boys.

Cheers

Attachments

• Boyd no4...jpg
    Boyd no4...jpg
    100 KB · Views: 80
  • 118_1896.JPG
    118_1896.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Boyd Male.jpg
    Boyd Male.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 118
awesome toad, thanks. ive got 2 EWD's a beardie and a CCP so they are the loves of my life at them moment!, but i'd love a pair of those in the future!

how old was she before she started laying? im assuming that pic on the right is of a male? and are the females more dull in colour and features?

Does anyone know of any breeders of these in Sydney?

PeeJay, this female in particular is about 5 years old. My others girls are from 3 - 7 years. So around 3-4 years of age they are sexually ready for breeding from my experience.
Yes that is one of my boys. The girls are usually a bit smaller in size and features and colour is a little duller, but i have seen some boys you would pick as girls and like wise some girls you would pick as boys. I think it depends on what region they are from also!!!!

Kratos, i think there is a Adult boy for sale on RDU for about $1000.

I will keep you all posted with pics if and when they hatch.

Cheers

Toad

Perfect Timimg

G'day All,

Just an update with some of the hatchies pics.

Regards

Toad

Attachments

• 123_2396.JPG
    123_2396.JPG
    404.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 123_2398.JPG
    123_2398.JPG
    388.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 124_2409.JPG
    124_2409.JPG
    476.8 KB · Views: 104
My god they are expensive!

The third pic that you posted of the adults looks amazing. Didnt think much of them till i saw that pic.

Good on you Toad, the hatchie looks awsome hope the rest come out for you soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back