How do you defrost your food?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camo

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just wanting to know how everyone defrosts there rodents. Do you leave them out to thaw naturally or put them in water?

Cameron

I place mine in freezer bags and submerse the bags into warm water. Keeps the rodents dry in the bag and defrosts from the heat of the water.

straight into warm water, i will put them in a feezer bag if i want them to be dry for whatever reason.

I use one of those bean bags [ shaped like a big rat ] that you heat in microwave then place on sore muscles . They dont get hot enough to cook but thaw out quick and dry . Just rest on top of frozen rodent .

Same as Dicky Knee, my snakes don't care if they are wet, just helps lubricate.

i just throw mine in warm water to defrost mine.. helps the calcium powder to stick to the rodent lol,
although it can get a bit messy.. might try the next lot in a freezer bag to keep in dry.

My snakes don't tend to like the warm water routine. I tend to put them in a sealed container and, at the most, an hour later they are ready, with the weather we have been having here in Brissie over the last few days it's only been taking no more than 1/2 an hour, having said that I am only onto fuzzies and weaner mice, not too sure when I have to advance beyond that :)

ex1dic I don't know if you were joking but you don't need to supplement your snakes food with anything :)

I used to use warm water, now I just get them out around lunch time and feed them off when they are thawed through. None of my current snakes insist on the rodent being warmed.

my coastal is very picky about what she eats sometimes she will go through a fase of not eating rats but adult mice then she wont touch the mice and go a rat......shes lucky i have another python who just dont care what he gets lol :d

I just leave mine out to defrost only if I'm in a hurry do I use the warm water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back