Outdoor Aviary For EWD's - With Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreliaMatt

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all,

finished my aviary last weekend and got the terrors into their new house! they love the space!

its 5ft x 10ft x 6,4"

heres a pic of the pond, its half sunk into the ground and half raised above the ground
pond.jpg

here is the finished product, im quite happy with the results apart from the very bad sunburn i am still recovering from!

done.jpg

turboinaviary.jpg

biteyinaviary.jpg

hope you all like, all thoughts and comments are welcome!

Cheers

Matt

That's great, i would love to do a similar type of thing for my EWD when he gets bigger. He's only a baby at the moment. Do you need any heat source when keeping them outside?
I'm in melbourne so it gets pretty chilly of a night.

damn that looks pretty sweet!

Just a question, where did you get that pond (and the nifty little filter). I'm asking cause very soon i'll be getting an aviary for my EWD's (and beardies) and i'm interested in putting something like that in... do they come in smaller sizes?

nice enclosure, u planning on adding some plants?

awesome enclosure.

ditto! same question as diamondash and koubee! i live south!! my EWD's will get chilly!

also what age are your dragons?

awesome enclosure.

ditto! same question as diamondash and koubee! i live south!! my EWD's will get chilly!

also what age are your dragons?

nope no heat source needed... they will hide when they get too cold, but still getting down below 10 here at night these last few days and they still sleep in the water!
pete from canberra exotics keeps his outside all year in canberra.... so i dont think we have to worry about the cold! lol

theyre both 2.5 years old

nope no heat source needed... they will hide when they get too cold, but still getting down below 10 here at night these last few days and they still sleep in the water!
pete from canberra exotics keeps his outside all year in canberra.... so i dont think we have to worry about the cold! lol

theyre both 2.5 years old

Thanks TX-III, gives me hope for the long term future of our brood. :)

Good work mate. Good to see the pics finally after you've been telling me you where going to uild it for a long time. Good to see that you WD's leg is doing ok

Good work mate. Good to see the pics finally after you've been telling me you where going to uild it for a long time. Good to see that you WD's leg is doing ok

yeah it took a while! lol

his leg is fine, he still climbs all the branches the other one does.... and swims and walks fine!
its amazing what they can adapt to! hes a little trooper! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back