Enclosure Questions please ....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whisper

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

My name is Craig I am a noob :oops: and would really like the oppinions of some experienced keepers.

We are due to pick up our new Hypo soon it is about 8 months old ... I think.

We are getting a click clack that he is already living in as well :D

However I am in the process of build a small enclosure that is a little higher (not too big as the snake is small) so i can fit a small branch in and was wondering what oppinions are on the
inclusion of a small pool for swimming, the pool is to be custom shaped from clear perspex and will be completely removable, now I would imagine it does not need to be too deep maybe 2 inches???? (would that be ok?) and it would only take up relatively small corner at the cooler end of the enclosure, basically for him to drink from and lay in occasionally.

Please see the attached photo of a most excellent enclosure ( I fully intend to end up with one like this when my snake/s are big enough :D ) in the meantime i am attempting to re-create a mega scaled-down version, because we are of the oppinion our snake deserves the best.

Now the first question I would like oppinions on:

Is this a good idea for the snake as i have heard they love the water?

Also should I have a small hide at both the cool and warmer ends?

Just thought I would mention our little guy will live in his click clack for sometime yet until the enclosure is finished and to assist with him settling in.

Any thoughts on my questions or any tips in general about housing our little guy would be super appreciated.

Thanks
Craig

Last edited:
hi there mate

im a newb myself
there is no attach pic or i cant see one
pool or small pool is always ideal in cool end
i dont know abuot snakes love swimming but they will need it to survive

2 hides is always a good thing 1 in cool and 1 in hot

by the sounds of things im sure youll be fine

i see it now
nice pic

looks like alot of work
and i dont think you do need that much water for a snake

bb

Have a look in the forums care sheets for Bredli, it will have all the information you need;)

i rate that enclosure 9.5/10. there is something so great about a well setup enclosure. i coul look at it all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back