Wild Bearded Dragon picture - great colours!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeypython

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

On the weekend, I found this little fella sunbaking on the road. Its mate was in the tree and looked similar.

I was amazed at the colours - Any comments?

I found it at Wisemans Ferry is thats any interest.

Honeypython :)

Attachments

• Bearded Dragon - Maroota Nov06.JPG
    Bearded Dragon - Maroota Nov06.JPG
    186.5 KB · Views: 275
my friend has a vitticeps and it is starting to look like that

Wonderful looking bearded dragon, I love beardies so much

Thats a nice eastern. My pair are fairly yellow=-ish. Thanks for sharing.
And cam it wouldnt of been and escapee

that really eastern? i honestly would have thought id be a central.. doesn't look as narrow as an eastern

that really eastern? i honestly would have thought id be a central.. doesn't look as narrow as an eastern

I could be wrong i dont know all the technical stuff, i just go off the 'vibe' of its appearance. Im sure someone who knows their stuff will correct me if im wrong.

i understand that its odd for a central to be at Wisemans Ferry.. but i just think that its a central lol

You can tell easily that it a barbata as the spines form rows down the tail, though this is less visible in some barbata, but most have it and no vittie does.

Thanks for identifying it - Im not that up to date on the differences - there is a few of them along our street so hopefully there will be more appearing. Its the first time i have seen them there in the 5 years i have been living there.

All good news though :)

Yeh, they arn't as common as they used to be around Sydney, but still turn up in odd places. They often get called "a escaped pet" as they rarely try to run away and usually calm down within a few days in captivity. We had heaps of them around Engadine / Menai 20 years ago, but now they are almost gone with only the odd one turning up out the back of menai every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back