Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. You are just plain wrong here. There is no evidence to support your proposition.
3. Your own stupid fault for looking at pests as pets.
Hahahahahahahahah! Yes my own fault for looking at domesticated pests that have now been breed at a very high success as pets.
And no 1. I'm just plain wrong in your opinion. Just because I did not post any evidence and you yourself have not seen/read any does not mean that there is none. ;)
Besides...It is just my thoughts. Most people tend to not judge other people for their thoughts and allow people their own opinions. ;)

IsK67 said:
LMAO

Well it's obvious none you need any exercise. What with all the jumping to conclusions, Foot stomping, golf clubbing and flying off the handle.

*Note this is only directed at those that have been doing the above.*

No its NOT directed at you.

Oh and btw someone hand me some ear plugs. There's too much eeeeeking in here.
So true!!!! Has everybody got PMS?? Gentleman?? Must be because everyone is stressed from the breeding season... Everyone breathe in.... breathe out.. breathe in..breathe out.

i have better things to worry about then how many minutes a rat takes to freeze to death.

and so the rat has to suffer for it? ignorance is not an excuse IMO to be inhumane to an animal.
Especially now that you know that there is a good deal of chance that you are making these small mammals suffer, i would hope that you would cease this mode of murder.

I could not imagine teaching a worse thing to a child than being inhumane because you can't bring yourself to do the right thing because it may make you feel queezy.

and what Tsidasa said - that's kinda what i wanted to say without people attacking my idea that cruelty is wrong and then going on a tangent about keeping snakes as pets... CRUELTY in any form way or shape is WRONG.

OK - pointing finger at IsK67 - hehe... you good with that? you don't have to agree, but atleast you see my point (hopefully) - that's what opinions are all about.

finger??? hehe.. go off??? No... it just makes some holes in the air... It never goes off...

And of course - finger pointing is, but not limited to, a mode of murder

and so the rat has to suffer for it? ignorance is not an excuse IMO to be inhumane to an animal.
Especially now that you know that there is a good deal of chance that you are making these small mammals suffer, i would hope that you would cease this mode of murder.

I could not imagine teaching a worse thing to a child than being inhumane because you can't bring yourself to do the right thing because it may make you feel queezy.

But what about when you don't 'whack' it correctly and its still quirming and in a lot of pain from being bashed in the head?
Truth is theres no 'proper' way to kill prey... Everyone just has to do it in the way that I can.

I personally though..shall be finding a variety of reliable food suppliers around my area! :)

Humans, We are a funny lot, I am Going to eat a steak for dinner tonight, or maybe a dozen chicken wings? But I don't want to go into the slaughterhouse and make sure the poor animals dont suffer, I want to eat it, If I had a club it would take me a lot longer to beat a cow to death but I would. This forum will always be a running debate, everyone has an opinion and everyone wants to think they are right. And Tsidasa, "Murder" I don't think so unless human is on the menu and that must mean you pay "hitmen" to prepare your animal feeds!

But what about when you don't 'whack' it correctly and its still quirming and in a lot of pain from being bashed in the head?
Truth is theres no 'proper' way to kill prey... Everyone just has to do it in the way that I can.

I personally though..shall be finding a variety of reliable food suppliers around my area! :)

I think the suggestion is that the whack to the head, although not perfect, is slightly more perfect than the freezing option. If it's still squirming, it's only for a second.. not 5 or so minutes... a second comparing to 300 seconds... I know which option I will take.

And if the whack is done properly, it will be swift and painless and the snake get's warm food - naturally!

Humans, We are a funny lot, I am Going to eat a steak for dinner tonight, or maybe a dozen chicken wings? But I don't want to go into the slaughterhouse and make sure the poor animals dont suffer, I want to eat it, If I had a club it would take me a lot longer to beat a cow to death but I would. This forum will always be a running debate, everyone has an opinion and everyone wants to think they are right. And Tsidasa, "Murder" I don't think so unless human is on the menu and that must mean you pay "hitmen" to prepare your animal feeds!

I'm obviously bored because I want to get myself in all sorts of strife here...

Firstly... I (maybe not all) am very aware of how my food is killed and kept. I won't eat much pork for that very reason... On the other hand I buy free range chickens and free range beef... The beef I buy has been slaughtered in a humane way (well, the ones I have been witness to were all killed in that way).

When we came out of the captain caveman age, we stopped clubbing animals and began using more sophisticated methods of killing and slaughtering.

If we had to go back to that age, you're right, many people wouldn't be able to do it - or they'd become vegetarians...

It's hard to believe how many kids don't actually relate chicken from KFC to a chicken in a large pen. Or pork with babe... or dog food with phar lap... The whole point is... We detract from reality way too often... Let's hope tonights veal is slaughtered in a healthy and acceptable manner... Because that's what many people believe is right... plus it also stops lactic acid building up in the muscles when done right and the meat is far more tender!

I LOVE MEAT - and Sam Neil says it's good for me...

Yes, I am killing time as well:D , But it gets a bit annoying when everyone wants to live in a nice clean little world where death only happens on TV. I have hunted and cleaned my kills, I fish and eat those too. And as was mentioned we got to the top of the food chain with tooth, nail and club.
Condemning one person for the way they kill there animals, well that makes no sense when you are feeding the same dead animals to your pets, "mine were killed in a good way, a nice way, why my animals where killed so nice they are happier now then when they were alive. "

I don't know what the problem is...so what we all feed dead rodents. The ones we feed are Co2ed, if they were frozen to death I would not purchase them from my rodent breeder. We have a collection of 50+ snakes (soon to be way more with eggs hatching) and that's the choice we make and make sure the ones we do get are killed humanely.

There is a difference in the way they are killed..and you don't have to be a head-in-the-sand greenie for it to bother you if freezing a live rodent to death is being pushed as not cruel.

What it is is lazy...I've done the rodent thing, hundreds of them. It would have been much easier and less messy for me (as a female) to stick them in the freezer live...but that's not the purpose. I used to believe if i was breeding these rodents for food, I would give them the best life and death as possible. Mine were kept very well, fed very well and killed in the quicket possible way.

It bothered me after a year of doing it, so I bought prekilled...simple way to do it if you don't like the mess that goes with it. Or set up a Co2 gas chamber.

Some of the things I've read lately is laughable, given out as advice from 2 month keepers on here. When it gets bad though is when it involves cruelty to an animal, feeder or not. (Before you freak out Mel, I'm not saying you are inexperienced or a 2 month keeper).

All people need to do is do some research. Yes, we all have better things to worry about in life, but if you are a snake keeper it is your responsibility to kill of your rodents humanely. It's part of reptile keeping.
And why get so personal? I don't get how disagreeing with the freezing rodents to death is now jumping down someone else's throat.

i dont have a problem with freezing my rats to death. what i have a problem with is that too many people have to many harsh comments to direct at people.
no wonder we live in such a abusive world.

Tatelina asked a question.........i answered it..
so to everyone out there who cant handle the fact that i freeze my rats to death.
get over it.

I havne't seen anything I would call a harsh comment, maybe I haven't read the nine pages properly enough.

And Mel, I don't mind your posts, but you have made plenty of harsh personal comments yourself directed at people, nothing to do with reptiles either, and some in particular directed at a young silly girl. For this reason, I would have thought you were pretty thick skinned. I'm not having a go at you either, I think at least some of what you have said was right on the mark and you are a bit like me, you say what you think.

Saying that though, if you can dish it out like you (and I) do, you gotta take it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back