Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i take it nome.
i dont let these opinions upset me in anyway, i just think the website gets out of hand with everybodies comments.
and as far as that certain young girl is concerned, i learned from her mistake.
i understand everyone is entitled to there opinon.

So what you are saying is that you kill your rodents in a slow and very cruel manner and we should just get over it and ignore the cruelty ?

Tatelina asked a question.........i answered it..
so to everyone out there who cant handle the fact that i freeze my rats to death.
get over it.

Well I was trying to field the middle ground, But it appears that the majority is either tree huggers or seal clubbers. A dead rat is a dead rat! how it got to be dead is a matter for the historians!:rolleyes:

If it isn’t abundantly clear that freezing animals to death is animal cruelty at its extreme then you are either ignorant or support it. To say this practice is your own business is both arrogant and ignorant as animal cruelty is definitely every bodies business for those who condone it and not to mention, the practice is illegal.
If people want to publicise what they do here regardless of their good or misguided intentions then accept the flak that follows.
Killing is something that is a natural part our lives. Being unnecessarily cruel however, in today’s society when there are other methods of euthanasia that are deemed humane, is unacceptable.

I don't know what the problem is...so what we all feed dead rodents. The ones we feed are Co2ed, if they were frozen to death I would not purchase them from my rodent breeder. We have a collection of 50+ snakes (soon to be way more with eggs hatching) and that's the choice we make and make sure the ones we do get are killed humanely.

There is a difference in the way they are killed..and you don't have to be a head-in-the-sand greenie for it to bother you if freezing a live rodent to death is being pushed as not cruel.

What it is is lazy...I've done the rodent thing, hundreds of them. It would have been much easier and less messy for me (as a female) to stick them in the freezer live...but that's not the purpose. I used to believe if i was breeding these rodents for food, I would give them the best life and death as possible. Mine were kept very well, fed very well and killed in the quicket possible way.

It bothered me after a year of doing it, so I bought prekilled...simple way to do it if you don't like the mess that goes with it. Or set up a Co2 gas chamber.

Some of the things I've read lately is laughable, given out as advice from 2 month keepers on here. When it gets bad though is when it involves cruelty to an animal, feeder or not. (Before you freak out Mel, I'm not saying you are inexperienced or a 2 month keeper).

All people need to do is do some research. Yes, we all have better things to worry about in life, but if you are a snake keeper it is your responsibility to kill of your rodents humanely. It's part of reptile keeping.
And why get so personal? I don't get how disagreeing with the freezing rodents to death is now jumping down someone else's throat.

Well said... and the murder comment was referring to the heartless way it was being done not the necessety of a dead rodent to feed your snake.
Yes animals are kept as foodstock but it doesn't mean we have to torture them. They still deserve our respect in life. I hate spiders but i wouldn't torture one to death, a quick stamp of the foot does it nicely.

i really have to question people's motives for freezing a creature to death when it has become clear that a CO2 chamber is a more responsible and humane way of euthanasing a mouse. You can pull apart what I say as much as you like, I am not always perfect at wording things but nothing you can say will actually condone knowingly hurting a living breathing creature.

how can u call someone u have never seen nor met ignorant.

i dont have a problem with freezing my rats to death. what i have a problem with is that too many people have to many harsh comments to direct at people.
no wonder we live in such a abusive world.

oh i'm sorry my harsh comments got to you, atleast i didn't stick you in a freezer and let you die slowly and painfully. yes lets get things into perspective. :rolleyes:

this site has gone down the drain.
i cant even have my own opinion on it anymroe
i came here to make new friends. but its obvious alot of people have quite a few issues.
i dont think i will come back on here again. as it is filled with not very nice people.

I agree 100% Dave, anyone who cannot see that freezing a rat to death is incredibly cruel is indeed ignorant. You don't have to meet someone to realise that, you have told everyone you do it.

I definitely agree with you on this.

"i came here to make new friends. but its obvious alot of people have quite a few issues.
i dont think i will come back on here again. as it is filled with not very nice people."

Well I was trying to field the middle ground, But it appears that the majority is either tree huggers or seal clubbers. A dead rat is a dead rat! how it got to be dead is a matter for the historians!:rolleyes:

That is an extremely ignorant comment. A 5 second death compared to a 30 minute one is a big difference. I know what you would choose if you had to.

If you honestly believe what you say, IMO you shouldn't be keeping any animal that eats another, if you really believe that it doesn't matter.

I have to say, live feeding even bothers me much less than someone freezing their rodents to death.

Maybe I'm a tree hugger :roll:

i came here to make new friends. but its obvious alot of people have quite a few issues.
i dont think i will come back on here again. as it is filled with not very nice people.

Mel you've dissapointed me a bit, it's not about opinions of course you are entitled to one, however the issue here is most people in their right mind do not enjoy seeing an animal hurt.
What people are upset over is that you don't seem to show any remorse.
Fair enough you did it, but the ignorance of continuuing to do it and defending it knowing what it has caused....you have no defence for that.

oh and if not wanting an animal to suffer makes me a "not very nice" person than so be it, i'll wear it...

Im no tree hugger just because i think its shocking that someone who keeps pets can be so cruel without any reason other than being lazy or sadistic. It make little differance IMO whether the animal is something stupid like a snake or fish or an intellegent social animal like a rat, cat or dog. There is no excuse IMO for killing an animal in a cruel way when it can easily be killed humanely.
I would hope the cruelty laws are applied to all those who openly violate them, such ppl shouldnt be allowed to keep any animals IMO.

Apart from the cruelty side of things it gives all of us reptile keepers a bad name when ppl force snakes to swallow live chicks, freeze rats or whatever other cruel acts, especially when it is in the view of the public such as on youtube or on a forum like this.

People have issues yes, issues with animal cruelty in this case...this is an animal website. I would expect no less.

Mel, this is getting silly. I noticed also you have no problem with it when you are on the other side ganging up on someone. You are one of the more outspoken people on this site, if you can say some harsh personal things to a girl wanting a scrubby or a young girl posting pictures up of herself, why can't others say something about your method of freezing live rodents.

Like I said before, if you can dish it, you should be able to take it. You said you could take it, so why now the tantrum?

If you choose to judge a site so quickly because of condemnation on your act of cruelty, then you have a very narrow view on what this site can offer you and you leave a less educated person.
Adios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back