What's your ride?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice bike :)

A kid i go to school with has on 04 125sx .. another kid flipped it and snapped the fender :p

I have new KLE500 Kawasaki. Only 500km on. Tomorrow is nice day for ride.

Yeah Slateman! Tomorrow is a good day for a ride, but the old man and I are going o the motorbike show. It was a hard decision.. ride or show.....

There crap, unless you get a Thumpstar dont bother. One of my mates had a thumpstar and another had an ebay pitboss dirtbike. both 110cc and the ebay bike is just falling apart and keeps on backfiring. The thumpstar held its value.

Thumstar's are around $2,000 mark . Depends on the cc, if it a semi-auto or manual.
Ebay bikes = $600

Thats jap crap for you.
Frames are mig welded together with alot of slag etc.
Brake parts are held together by cheap nuts & bolts.

Buy a genuine honda/kawazaki/yamaha if you intend giving it a hard life

me and my mate went halfs in one of those ebay bikes(125cc) that we got for $570. (285ea). not intending it to have even half a good bikes life. my mate already has an xr250 and xr80. but its suprisingly goes hard for its size and was a good investment just to thrash. ill upload a pic l8r for yall.

also going for my motorbike licence this wednesday and thursday 22-23 wish me luck :p

Lamu

i have a cbr250rr... going for my big bike license soon, then ill step up to either a zxr 636, or a gsxr 750 im leaning towards the zxr

if you can notice from the scratches it has been layed down

Attachments

• 100B0040.jpg
    100B0040.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 30
Lamu22, they do go hard, but fall apart so so easy.

Nice bike kwaka :D

Yeah Slateman! Tomorrow is a good day for a ride, but the old man and I are going o the motorbike show. It was a hard decision.. ride or show.....

Well thanks to your post I have been there also and buy new bike shoes and watch to mount on my bar.

Yeah it was a good day. I loved the trial rider's (the bikes with no seats and the jump up walls)

Thats jap crap for you.
Frames are mig welded together with alot of slag etc.
Brake parts are held together by cheap nuts & bolts.

Buy a genuine honda/kawazaki/yamaha if you intend giving it a hard life

oh, so hondas, kawasakis and yamahas arent japanese?

He is refering to the japanense makes that are crap.. that brands that you buy on ebay...

New Job

Hi guys and gals,

Just thought that I would share my new job news. I am no longer a Virgin and have left the airline industry for good. Stuff the rotating shift work. No way to have a family life or any life.

I have got a job that half of you rev heads would love.

I started today and am working for Cat Logistics. Big deal you say. Well we have the contract for Harlet Davidson Australia. I have over 8 Harley's and Buell's in stock. I deal with all the Harley accessories from chrome foot pegs, clocks, gloves, jackets, vests. You name it anything Harley it's in the store.

I have been like a big kid in a candy store. I turned up for work today and found that a young cousin who I don't see that often is my boss. Needless to say that I absoloutely am enjoying myself and having a few Jim Beams at the moment in celebration. Mon to Fri 8:30 to 4:30 with overtime if you want and I won't say the exact figure but it's well over what I was getting.

Sorry for the rant but if you knew how much this means to me having a normal life again after working 14 years of shift work, you would understand. I'm going to deck myself out in all the Harley gear but shoooooosh don't tell the Missus.:lol:

oh, so hondas, kawasakis and yamahas arent japanese?

I was referring to chinese pocket bikes
(The CAG in particular named after the Italian Cagliari which it was a copy of or as I prefer to call them Chinese Aircooled Garbage lol) They of poor quality as they are mass produced with very little industry standards. As I said the frames are mig welded not tig welded which looks shocking & is covered in slag etc and are easily broken when dropped (no popping wheelies & no jumping). The bolt kits used on them are cheap & easily broken & threaded (not to mention work loose). The brake systems use cables that stretch & weak calipers etc. And the bearings are crap with alot of resistance which holds the bike back from producing the speeds it should.

Anyone who has raced a pocket bike will tell you to purchase an Italian or European bike because the cags need to be pulled down & almost every part replaced (wheel bearings, bolts, screws, nuts, accelerator & brake cables etc). The only 2 half decent Chinese bikes are the lucky 7 (L7 & F7) and the Banshee SHO. My 1st bike was a Cag, realised how drastic they were & built a lucky 7 aircooled with a full house 52cc stroker, awsome in its class but nothing compared to watercooled. From there I was upgrading to a Banshee SHO 50cc water cooled with imported Polini parts etc but decided to grow up and sold all my stuff :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back