scorpion and spiderling setups

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cuddlykylie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
can i please see some of these setups so i can see the basic outlooks for them, im getting a couple of bird eating spiderlings and some baby scorpions
kylie

do they need a little bowl of water, bith scorpions and spiderlings

i have a container in there with rocks in it so they dont drown is that ok
kylie

how big is the container
and put a wet cotten ball in there
what type of scorpions you getting ?
thanks
brad

the container is a little one probaly 3cm circumfrence, the scorpions are southern Black Rock Scorpions

monday and the scorps during next week some time, its exciting, need to expend my collection instead of just snakes

I use sand for my Novaehollandiae and peat moss for my Manicatus (just tryin diff. substrates atm)

I have hides in there for them (baby food jars with sphagnum moss on top). Baby food jar lids with small pebbles and water :)

Will take some more pics tonight of set-ups for the manicatus....busy right now ;)

Attachments

• 100_5529 (Large).jpg
    100_5529 (Large).jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_5433 (Custom).jpg
    100_5433 (Custom).jpg
    23 KB · Views: 78
this is what i have come up with so far
the one with the stick is the spiders one
and the one with alot a spagnum moss is the scorpions one, i gotta get a small rock for it tho
kylie

Attachments

• 09-12-06_1432.jpg
    09-12-06_1432.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 09-12-06_1433.jpg
    09-12-06_1433.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 62
Will get Teni to have a look when she gets back from the pet shop. It's snake feeding day so we robbed a bank last nite to go get rats and mice today LOL.

Go to this website www.theata.org (the australian Tarantula association) find your way to the forum and there is heaps of info and an in depth care sheet about Tarantula care and husbandry.
What sort are you getting? I have heaps of different ones

Hope this helps

Josh :)

I dont think spider are capable of drinking... they get all there moisture from their food.

Please don't use cotton wool in the water dishes. It acts as a bacteria source and also the arachnids can can their limbs tangled in bits of cotton...I have seen spiders lose their limbs this way. It's not necessary and the way Teni describes is the way to do it. Shallow lids with a few pebbles. Scorpions prefer to drink their water off leaves, they scoop up water droplets and drink them. So it's best to put some leaf litter up one side of their enclosure and mist the leaves daily. There is a really good site for Australian scorpions, but the exact address escapes me. It's 'the spiral burrow' or something....does anyone have it? i haven't kept scorpions for a long time, and haven't frequented it lately.

Cuddlykylie, if you want some help or a caresheet for spiders, send me a PM and I'll help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back