Rats eating eachother

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I'm so shocked over it, I never new rats of mice did that sort of thing, I guess you learn something new everyday, my worry now is though I know it can't be food I fed them heaps and can't be water they got plenty of that and I figured the box was huge for them so can't see what the problem would be other than a killer rat (OMG) I think I might just freeze them all and try to find someone that lives near me that has frozed rats for sale at a decent price

yeah my wife seperated the mother befor she had the babies and yes samething happened she was in a 6ft fish tank by itself but the same thing happened 4 the 3rd time

yeah my wife seperated the mother befor she had the babies and yes samething happened she was in a 6ft fish tank by itself but the same thing happened 4 the 3rd time

Wow I'm starting to think there canables:?

Allana rats do really make wonderfull pets as well as feeders.Dont be put off by what happened but im guessing it was one of the females that killed the other one not the male.Once they are dead everyone has a pick at the body,sick yep but nature is a little that way!!.I have to go through caboolture on my delivery's and would be more than happy to come and see you if you like and either swap a couple of "good females"for yours or supply you with frozen and not for $8 a pop, my maximum price for extra large frozen rats is $6 each.Pm me if i can help you further.
cheers Odie

Thanks odie have sent you a pm :p

After having read thid thread I can say that most suggestions are close to the mark. Some hit the nail on the head like Odie eho breeds rodents proffetionally. Some comment I thought where a little vague but you get the gist. Hope all works out for your rats. I have my rats breeding. I use many of the pinkies to feed to my hatchlings or blue tongues. I use fuzzies to small rats for the juvies and other small snakes. I try and make sure I save a couple of rats per litter for my adult female olive python that only seems to want rats at the moment. I have founf some guy that sells jumbo sized rats for $3, I bought 20 from him so I could concentrate my efforts on my smaller snakes and not worry so much about being food for the afdult snakes. My olive python fills up on two jumbo sixed rats. I had all my rats in an aviary where they had so much more space but became less reproductive so I went back to the lab tubs. Try different techniques with your rats. Experiment and see what works best for you. There are rat pelleta you can buy that have everything the rats need. They are found in pet produces stores. They are good. Still treat your rats with bread, vegetable every so often. Hope this helps.

After having read thid thread I can say that most suggestions are close to the mark. Some hit the nail on the head like Odie eho breeds rodents proffetionally. Some comment I thought where a little vague but you get the gist. Hope all works out for your rats. I have my rats breeding. I use many of the pinkies to feed to my hatchlings or blue tongues. I use fuzzies to small rats for the juvies and other small snakes. I try and make sure I save a couple of rats per litter for my adult female olive python that only seems to want rats at the moment. I have founf some guy that sells jumbo sized rats for $3, I bought 20 from him so I could concentrate my efforts on my smaller snakes and not worry so much about being food for the afdult snakes. My olive python fills up on two jumbo sixed rats. I had all my rats in an aviary where they had so much more space but became less reproductive so I went back to the lab tubs. Try different techniques with your rats. Experiment and see what works best for you. There are rat pelleta you can buy that have everything the rats need. They are found in pet produces stores. They are good. Still treat your rats with bread, vegetable every so often. Hope this helps.

Hi RevDaniel, thanks heaps for that, when you said tubs do you have seperate one's I'm starting to think maybe I should change my setup not sure to what though, I don't have a great deal of space so can't go too crazy but would like try and set them up properly, looking at my tub it's more then enough room for them properbly not once they get to adult size though I guess but at the moment there still only small, I just hope when I go down this morning there's no more dead one's:( havn't been game to look yet

I wouldn't let this incident deter you from breeding your own rats. This is a common thing with rats and mice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back