children enclosure help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.RandomHero.x

Banned
Reaction score
hi i am getting an exo terra 45 x 45 x 45 enclosure and getin a repti glo flouro to sit over the top. i was wondering wether that acts like a heat lamp or not or will i still need to use a heat mat ?

thanks daniel..........

Still use the heat mat...The fluros do put out heat, but generally they sit above the tank and the heat rises off of them... the heat mat with a thermostat is much more appropriate way of keeping the tank at a regulated temperature.

I have that tank!

It's in the forum under new enclosure I think

I have a heat mat in mine, better than lights for a childrens!

I have that tank!

It's in the forum under new enclosure I think

I have a heat mat in mine, better than lights for a childrens!

A heat mat IN yours??? I assume (and by assume I mean hope) that you meant it is 'under' your tank. Or are we talking about different things here? Heat mats stick to the outside under your tank!

Not all heat mats stick to the outside. The ones I use arn't ment to stick to anything.

Mine is inside and only 12 watts it's covered by fake grass that he can't get under and it's worked for me that way for all my snakes, they go on and off as they like with hides in both warm and cool places.

Not all heat mats stick to the outside. The ones I use arn't ment to stick to anything.

Mine is inside and only 12 watts it's covered by fake grass that he can't get under and it's worked for me that way for all my snakes, they go on and off as they like with hides in both warm and cool places.

Ahhhhhh.... ok then... I can't remember how many Watts mine is, but it puts out too much heat on the outside so it's covered with bricks that absorb the heat. It makes it very nice resting spot for my spotted. As you say, she comes on when she wants heat and goes back to her pot-hidey-hole when she's had enough!

Yeah? That sounds like a good idea.

Heat mats can come in higher wattage, if I did that with mine it just wouldn't get hot enough for them.

Got any pics of your enclosure for a look??

Here is mine.

I hope this helps with your questions RandomHero!

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0111.jpg
    IMG_0111.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0113.jpg
    IMG_0113.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 39
i dont use heat mats... i use heat rocks. my snakes absolutely love them. i leave them on 24 hrs a day. and every night as soon as the lights are out they come straight out of there hides and go and lay on there rocks... give it a try.

Heat rocks arn't good, well, That's what I have been told by many experienced owners. They can overheat and burn your animals and on occasion I have heard from people they have caught on fire. Just what I have heard mind you, I am not preaching to people about what works for them, I would suggest you put up a post asking if heat rocks are good for snakes?

yep have seen a spotted with major burns from heat rock the skin was still stuck to it so there was no doubt how it got burned.

Heat rocks are not a good idea for snakes. They get burnt way too easy from them.

IsK

yea i have the exo terra heat wave 26cm x 28cm that doesnt stick either i dont put it all under coz it too big but i wont have to buy a new one when i get a bigger tank. i show you a couple of pics of my snake then i will post some pics when i get my tank aswel.

Will one of these exo-terra terriums a 45x45x45cm be ok with i heat matt (no thermostat) for a spotter or childrens hatchie, instead of a click click, also how long will it last in that size, around i year?

I say yes ,a year or so, depends on how fast it grows,

Depends on what watts your heat mat is, like I said before, mine is only 12 watts so doesn't get too hot.

Please stay away from heat rocks as I read what the other fellas have dais about burns, you don't want that to happen I am sure!

i understand where your coming from mertle but isnt catching on fire a little extreme???burns yeh i understand but where did you hear a snake catching on fire from one?
just curious...

Not the snake mate but the rock itself, some have thermostats installed in them and can become faulty.

like I said, I was told of this by someone else, not my experience, but it was from an experienced keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back