How to post animals?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

macka

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have sold some dragons to people and need to arrange freight. Import and export licences aren't needed as these are sales within my state.

What do other sellers do? Can I use Australia Post, should I use a courier? How do I package up a dragon for travel?

Please, can some of the other members who have faced the problem before let me know what they did and how they move animals around the state.

Thanks

Mack

You cant freight Reptiles with Australia Post :p

Thanks for the reply Australis, but "How?".

Is there a special package or something? Do I just label the box fragile? How do I pack the dragons so they don't get hurt in transit.

This is my first time and I'd hate to end up with a pile of DOA dragons.

they frieght them through a plane in a wooden box with air holes in it (is my guess)
(i think they package them not to sure )
cheers
brad

Whenever I have recieved little bearded dragons they come inside a styrofoam box with air holes in it then the actual dragon is inside a Chinese sontainer with air holes in it and some paper towel. Myne have all arrived fine freighted like that thru Australian Air Express so I suggest do it that way.

Cheers

send them through australia air express (type it in goodle and you'll get contact details for your area). Put them in a cotton bag (simular to pillow case) and then inside a foam box (most people use those 6pack foam eskies (make sure you put some breath holes in as well). I'm pretty sure live animals can't be sent through australia post (actually I think it's illegal). This isn't to say though that people don't do it. ( I wouldn't recomend it though).

well ppl post spiders and scorps and frogs through AUST post they are live animals too,

well ppl post spiders and scorps and frogs through AUST post they are live animals too,

It is illegal to send them.Only 'non-harmful' insects can be sent through the mail. If you care about your animals then you would not send them through the post.

To the original question:
I recommend Barnett's ( you can find them in the Yellow pages). They have far better service than AAE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back