Recent herping

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magpie

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
A few recent herp trips have turned up a lot of scrub pythons, I thought I'd post a few pics.
It's interesting to note how the same road turns up diferent herps at diferent times of year.
Some times this road is chockas with brown tree snakes, sometimes with small eyes. This part of the season it's scrub pythons and pink tongued skinks.

Cnv0297.jpg

Cnv0298.jpg

Cnv0299.jpg

Cnv0286.jpg

Cnv0287.jpg

Cnv0288.jpg

Cnv0291.jpg

Cnv0273.jpg

Cnv0274.jpg

Cnv0290.jpg

they are so cool, always wanted a scrubby

wow, awesome pics. Nothing better than seeing them in their natural habitat. (can you call a bitumin road a natural habitat?)

cool i wish every time i went herping id find sumthing other than water skinks lol

Varying from just over 6' to about 11', no real big ones yet.

I miss North Queensland! thanks for sharing Magpie. It's a real buzz out doing it hey?

Cheers
Dave

Nice pics mate! very envious of your herping adventure! keep the pics coming!

hey magpie imy dad lives in cairns so i am constintly up there liek4 tmes a yr any way where are some good herping spots up there plz

That must've been very friendly for a wild scrubby to let you get that close, well done!

Both really :)
There's actually three or four diferent scrubs in those pics and all of them let me get quite close.

Do you have any other pics of the pink tongue, it looks to be almost unbanded? Is that common up your way as I have not seen any like before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back