does any1 have a good salad recipe for beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisreptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
yeh like the title says. i was wondering if any1 has a recipe that they use and theyre beardies love?:)

alfalfa, cucumber, tomato,celery,capsicum,broccoli,beans snow peas and bok choy, i then mix in some juvie dragon pellets.and occasionally chuck strawberrys and bannana in

I'm going to try that recipe for mine too.
How small do you chop up the pieces? And do you just make up some and keep it in a container in the fridge and feed to them as needed?

I feed mine Bok Choy, Choy sum and continental (flat leaf) parsley. Most dark green leaves are good. Lettuce has good water content but not much in the way of nutrition. I also try to suppliment the diet with crickets or woodies dusted with calcium and the occasion pink mouse as a treat. Ensure they get natural sunlight to help with the calcium development also.

Click on the link and scroll down to feeding, the link to "safe plants" can be of some used if you take your dragons out into the garden.

Hope that helps.
http://www.dachiu.com/care/abeard.html

When I did my sydney wildlife rescuers course some time ago they did a section of feeding reptiles. They also told us NEVER to feed them tomatoes or tomato leaves as they can be poisonous to them. I have never fed tomato to any of my animals anyway so I can't confirm their theory.

shanghai salad greens from coles ($1.99), endive, bok choy
green beans, butternut pumpkin and sweet potato.

parsley is high in oxolates which binds calcium absorption.
dont use spinach either fro the same reason,...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back