Silence of the Cats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aslan said:
have to admit I find Lions to be very impressive but can't stand domestic cats...come to think of it most large cats I find very interesting...

There are 27 different species of cat in the world, and 26 of them I don't have a problem with......

:p

Hix

Hix: he is clearly wanting to shock and upset people, I don't think anyone would argue against that. My guess is that he believes the ends justify the means and that the cats are killed humanely. The other option (that he is a psychopath, torturing the cats to death for fun, etc etc) isn't possible to rule out and as I said, it could be the case.

Cult worship or Satanism? Come on, that's jumping to conclusions prematurely don't you think?

With no evidence either way, it seems unfair to start throwing accusations. This is a pretty basic principle we should live by, whether thinking about a cat killer or anyone else.

I couldn't contain my laughter when I read this:

They'll probably find it's some drunk, lonely, fat kid with red hair and no life.

I am astonished that you typed that! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

pythoness (and others): the fact that serial killers (I am a cereal killer by the way, and I'm sure most of us indulge in a bowl of it at least once in a while) usually start out by killing animals doesn't mean that everyone who kills animals is going to go on to kill people. Everyone who kills people starts out by drinking milk, they are all born with two eyes, they probably all cried as babies when they were hungry, etc etc. Everyone who has ever stabbed someone to death was holding a knife, yet we all do that every day. Everyone who has ever shot someone owned, or at least was holding a firearm, but we don't freak out about everyone who does this. When looking for cause and effect relationships, you need to find something which always leads to something in order to extrapolate in a novel case. Cases like this might seem different because we're looking at something unusual and by most peoples' standards, bad, but your line of logic is potentially extremely destructive to innocent people, because if we get into the habit of looking for associations between two things, we can start to apply it to situations where people are doing something innocent but unusual, and assume they are going to do something bad, or perhaps more likely, we may see someone doing something mildly bad and assume they've done a whole lot worse. Many, perhaps most little boys and many little girls pull the wings off flies or burn bettles and moths with a magnifying glass at some stage, the vast majority grow into "normal" adults. I doubt your mother's first father-in-law was a serial killer. Extremely strong correlations can also be completely independant of cause and effect relationships. Most smokers drink alcohol, most people who get lung cancer are smokers, so most people who get lung cancer drink alcohol, despite alcohol not causing lung cancer. Older men who have babies have a much higher chance of having a child with Down's syndrome, but this probably has little to do with their reproductive material being defective, it is mostly because if older men have children, it tends to be with older women, and older women have gametes which are highly prone to chromosomal problems. I may seem to be getting off topic, but the point is that cause and effect relationships are difficult to establish and your hypothesis about the cat killer going on to kill people is invalid. The reason this is important is because this is a real person we're talking about, being judged by the community. Sure, you might not like what this person has done and that's understandable, but we need to make sure we all stay fair when talking about people.

Did you get through all that? Impressive! Did you follow it? Amazing! ;)

well well, aren't we a little ray of sunshine lol. i agree with you sdaji, but in the same way that people say pot leads to heroin, it's doesn't for the majority, but in the few who are unballanced or 'psycho' or what have you, it can and does, ....... can this not be looked at the same? no, not all animal killers turn bad, i have indeed pulled wings from flies as a child, and yes eat alot of cereal :p but surely you must see something wrong with skinning and gutting neughbourhood pets, even if they ARE cats!!!!!!!

The police believe that cats are being taken to a house to be skinned and gutted. The bodies are then taken to some place where they are "displayed". To me, this suggests either someone who:
a) deliberately wants to cause mental anguish to the owners and shock the community, or
b) is involved in cult worship or satanism or similar, or
c) is mentally disturbed.

Just to clear this up, true religious satanists do not actually indulge in animal sacrifice, in fact they hold animals in higher esteem than most other people. They also do not believe in Satan or God as real entities but rather adopt the WORD Satan as a metaphorical principle. It is a very common misconception to think of satanism as "Satan worshippers" but satanism itself is actually a very nature oriented religion that states specifically that no inhuman animal should be harmed unless for food or clothing and that no human should be harmed without reason.

In a case like this, when the media use the word "displayed" to me it seems as if the truth may actually be that the bodies of the cats have been "dumped" in a public area. The perpetrator had every intention of the cat being found but did not necessarily hang it on a tree or place it in a position for everyone to see, but rather dumped it somewhere where it would be found. Hence supporting the theory of a hidden message to cat owners.

Some people also mention that this is not the best way to get the point across, by morale standards you are entirely correct, but for the most part in today's society in which every person is so detached from every other, the only way to get your point across is to hit somebody across the face with a spiked club.

well well, aren't we a little ray of sunshine lol. i agree with you sdaji, but in the same way that people say pot leads to heroin, it's doesn't for the majority, but in the few who are unballanced or 'psycho' or what have you, it can and does, ....... can this not be looked at the same? no, not all animal killers turn bad, i have indeed pulled wings from flies as a child, and yes eat alot of cereal :p but surely you must see something wrong with skinning and gutting neughbourhood pets, even if they ARE cats!!!!!!!

I'm bright, as bright as can be.

People who are going to use heroin are likely to try something softer first, that doesn't mean that someone who uses something soft is going to try something harder. I'm sure most heroin users drink, or at some stage before using heroin did drink. I sometimes drink, does this mean I should carry any of the bad image associated with heroin use or any other illicit drug? I certainly hope not! Does this display why I answer your question with "No, the association is unfair and inappropriate."?

Do you want to carry any of the negativity which surround murderers because as a child you pulled the wings off flies? I'm sure you'd take exception if people tried to do that to you, but that's what you're doing to the person in question.

As I said, you are welcome to dislike what this person has done. If that person was torturing the cats, I don't for a moment condone it either (yes, I hate cats, but whatever the species, I don't want unnecessary suffering to occur), but if we are going to condemn people we must do it properly and fairly, for their sake and for the sake of our own credibility.

Cult worship or Satanism? Come on, that's jumping to conclusions prematurely don't you think?

As I said, just one possibility that no-one had mentioned yet.

Sdaji said:
I couldn't contain my laughter when I read this:

Hix said:
They'll probably find it's some drunk, lonely, fat kid with red hair and no life.

I am astonished that you typed that! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Yeah, I'm tempted to give myself an infraction. :p:p:p

lsK67 said:
Hey! I don't have red hair thank you.

IsK

And you're not drunk, lonely, a fat kid, living in Darwin, but you do have a life - I guess it ain't you then!!!

:p

Hix

They'll probably find it's some drunk, lonely, fat kid with red hair and no life

ahahahahahahaha -I'm shocked Hix! :lol:

I had this same argument with my mother the other day that lost another cat that was let outdoors - 'don't you know people torture cats they find?'. If I was a cat owner and I liked cats, I would never let them outdoors even if I cared nothing for the environment.

Whilst it's disturbing, hopefully it will act as a wake-up call for people who let their cats roam. Obviously they don't care about the wildlife to allow them to do that, maybe they'll care about their cats.

bloody hell......after spending nearly 30 minutes reading this thread ... i dont think i have anything to say now..........

bloody hell......after spending nearly 30 minutes reading this thread ... i dont think i have anything to say now..........

I was going to say "That's unlike you" then I realised that you did actually say something so I'll go and fire up the saeco instead.

IsK

I won't even look at that one. Like cats (all animals) too much to see any get hurt. I even feel bad if I have to kill a rat to feed my snakes :)

BurnsVest.gif
2.jpg

See My Vest

Burns: Some men hunt for sport,
Others hunt for food,
The only thing I'm hunting for,
Is an outfit that looks good...

See my vest, see my vest,
Made from real gorilla chest,
Feel this sweater, there's no better,
Than authentic Irish setter.

See this hat, 'twas my cat,
My evening wear - vampire bat,
These white slippers are albino
African endangered rhino.

Grizzly bear underwear,
Turtles' necks, I've got my share,
Beret of poodle, on my noodle
It shall rest,

Try my red robin suit,
It comes one breast or two,
See my vest, see my vest,
See my vest.

Like my loafers? Former gophers -
It was that or skin my chauffeurs,
But a greyhound fur tuxedo
Would be best,

So let's prepare these dogs,

Mrs. Potts: Kill two for matching clogs,

Burns: See my vest, see my vest,
Oh please, won't you see my vest.

Ps Hix did you ever consider Archeology? Whatever happened to Brodie anyway?

Last edited:
this reminds me of the guy they caught in sydney last year. he had been buying as many rabbits as he could find in the pet stores around the eastern suburbs, having sex with them, mutilating them and leaving the corpses in a pile behinde his factory.
i actually met this guys when he came into my work to buy some, he has to be the most creepy person i have ever met in my life. we refused sale cause it was suspect but he kept coming back and trying to buy, he always wore the same suite and never even tired to give a legit reason for wanting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back