nah it will never happen to me......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisek

Not so new Member
Reaction score
well it did. my snake got out this is the darkest day ever. bought a new thermostat and heat mat for him yesterday he decided he didnt like it and found a way out. only had him 2months so upsetting. spose il have to start saving again..............:cry:

been looking all morning we have moved everything and i mean everything its the size of a pencil which makes it harder!

any chance he might still be around somewhere? Had a friend who lost her carpet when he was approx 3 years old, 2 years later she woke in the middle of the night to find him eating their cat (oh well), seems he had been living in the wall of the house and came out to catch himself a budgie or two, and then graduated onto the chook pen when he got large enough, which was right near the house. She couldn't work out why all the pets seemed to keep dissappearing!!!!

what were you keeping the snake in and how old is it?

it was about 3 months old and in a large click clack container got out where the probe goes in.

I lost a baby (brady) for 11 months. My son on coming home one night on his bike decided to jump the stick, it moved, lol, it was ours, you could tell by the markings. We probably have more chance with a scratchie but never say never.

i lost my carpet for a couple of weeks and when dad went to go open a slab of vb to put in the fridge there he was sitting in the slab of beer

dont lose faith, there have been people here that have found missing snakes more than 2 years later.....

I lost my bubby maccie (very tiny) and found him a week later climbing up the freezer cord. (look in warm spots not too far from his cage)

Hope you find it Chris... I lost mine about a month ago and I was devestated. I pulled everything apart looking for him, put flour around all the doors and left mice out overnight. Definitely keep searching for him overnight when it's dark. I was getting up and doing patrols by torchlight only to find my boy sitting back on top of his vivarium! Don't give up hope, just keep looking. Good luck!

i found mine in my shoe, look everywhere, any dark spot or dark tight squeze.
hope you find it.

any chance he might still be around somewhere? Had a friend who lost her carpet when he was approx 3 years old, 2 years later she woke in the middle of the night to find him eating their cat (oh well), seems he had been living in the wall of the house and came out to catch himself a budgie or two, and then graduated onto the chook pen when he got large enough, which was right near the house. She couldn't work out why all the pets seemed to keep dissappearing!!!!

hahaha that's funny in a non funny way :s

I know how you feel Chrisek...I've lost a blue tongue and a beardie that way... :s

Maybe a bit late for advice i guess - and i am really sorry to hear about your snake going walk-abouts (or is that slither-abouts?). Anyhow, i found that I was using a clickclack - but with a full push down lid (no side latches or anything). When I got it I made sure i couldn't fit my little finger through it with all the pressure I could put on it (that was about the width of my spotted at the time). Then instead of directly heating the click clack I had her (the spotted) in her click-clack inside her glass enclosure. So the heat mat and probe were all in the glass enclosure and she was snug as a bug in a rug inside her click clack.

I was really worried about her escaping to - hence the double security.

She's now too big to fit through the gaps, but becoming stronger - She's in her glass tank now, with a heavy wooden lid. And she loves it. But given any opportunity she'd bolt for the sugar cane outside I'm sure!

I hope you find your little one and then you can take some preventative measures for the future. Good luck!

maybe buy a cat to flush him out in 2 - 3 years :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back