Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

croc_hunter_penny

Reaction score
I had my water python out last night, and she started yawning? :shock: she was flicking her tongue out like crazy and then it would stop with the tongue sticking out for a few seconds, and then have a little yawn, flick a few more times, have a huge yawn, move around a bit, yawn again, this time as if she was finishing off her meal, and so on... Do snakes normally do this and i have never witnessed it before or is there something wrong? or was she just feeling a bit tired? :lol:

yawning

i wouldnt worry to much penny

i have noticed my black head and one of my bredli seem to yawn more often when they havent been fed for a couple of weeks but its not a constant thing
as long as your girl doesnt have anything visibly stuck in her mouth i reckon she's just streching her gums

my coastals always greet the morning with a series of big yawns, I know there is a purpose to it, (aligning their jaws) but some of them a just plain wake up yawns-even gets a bit of a head shake with it from yawning so hard. lol

Davo

My little blackheads have yawned too. i never considered it could be a problem

I am yet to see it, but mum has seen Ziggy yawn around 3 times now

well that makes me a lot happier and less worried knowing that its not a sign of any ailment! i'll keep an eye on her just in case, but she seems to be just as happy as ever.

thanks again!
-penny

When I first got Ziggy, about 3 days afterwards mum was watching her and she yawned and my almost screamed, because she saw all the teeth lol.. Now mum just thinks it's cute when Ziggy yawns.

Loki yawns a few times a day, i feel so lucky when i catch him doing it! he always yawns after his rat to realign his jaws, ill have to have a camera ready one day, its so cute!
love it when my dragons yawn too, but that happens alot less

Yeah, even hatching is hard work for the little fellas. I caught him at the end of a yawn :lol:

Any one else have any pics of their critters yawning :p

Attachments

• CCP_06_007.jpg
    CCP_06_007.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 61
Yeah Penny,
Oscar MD does it all the time. Spins the dog out lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back