My updated Beardie enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I decided to make things a bit funner for him and added a few more things for him to play on. True to his character, he came running up to the front to watch me with his paw on the screen while I was taking photos.

Picture1257.jpg

You can see him down there. Haha.

Picture1258.jpg

Very cute! How old is your beardie? I like his enclosure, lots of things to climb on! What equipment are you using? If i make a beardie enclosure, it'd be the same size as yours.

Nice looking enclosure. My baby accies alway run up to the front of my enclosure like that too.

He's about 3 and a half months now. Equipment is just branches, fake plants and there's a shelf in there for a second story. He's got a heat emmiter with a thermostat and the UV light.

Sorry for all the questions, but what type of uv are you using? Also, is your thermostat a dimming one? Is your basking light a ceramic or incandescent?

UV is Reptiglow, as for the rest I could not for the life of me remember sorry.

Hello

Hello,

The enclosure looks very nice. You said you have a reptiglo 8 in there? What other type of light do you have in there for extra brightness? I know you have a heat emitter, but they don't put out any light.
If you don't have enough brightness in there it doesn't stimulate their feeding behaviour. Just a thought, if you don't have any other type of light in there, you could put a bright white household light in there where the heat emitter is & just the emitter at nights when needed??
He looks quite happy & has tons of room! Great job.

Tracie

that looks alot better, and he looks very happy :D

Hello

Hello,

I had noticed you mentioned getting a buddy for him. He really doesn't need one, as they are solitary creatures in the wild. It is not good to house them together either.
He will be perfectly fine by himself in that tank, just give him lots of love!!

Tracie

Yes well I believe that is my decision. My mate has two and they lay on top of eachother and stick together like glue. As do all the babies in petshops. Thanks for the input though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back