rainbow python..not australian

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoppa1874

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
:? i was just wondering if anyone knew much about applying for an importers licence.. ?? who do u have to apply to and how much and how hard is it to get?
i saw this really nice rainbow python on an american website, and thought "GEE I"D LOVE ONE OF THOSE"..they were also offering green tree pythons for only $650 US.. so thats like heaps cheaper than getting one from here..work that out..u can import a native snake back to this country for cheaper than buying one here.. very strange.. anyway i attached a pik of the snake i love.. and anyone with any advice would be appreciated..
Thanx

Attachments

• rainbowpricelist2.jpg
    rainbowpricelist2.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,768
That is very ilegal to get any animal imported to Australia.Plus that snake is Exotic.
Mitch

Hey Hoppa, have to agree with mitch. Even if you did manage to get authority to import, by the time the animal cleared customs and quarantine it would have cost you a fortune!

Zoo and reptile park's are the only people now able to get such snakes in and even then it is very difficult. They have to put forward a case study as to why they should be allowed, then there are major Quarintine protocols that must be followed. Not an easy task just to get that far.

or theres always petlink:? ???

id die for a python like that ill have to stick them where i have my chameleons in my dream land:(

They do have alot of cheap snakes but most of there Carpet's are hyrbid's.
Mitch

i would say all there carpets and diamonds are crossed, thats what happens when every one starts mixing them up, theres no more garuantees that what you buy is what they say it is, its unfortunatly becoming that way in Australia as well, unless you buy wild caught animals, or from a reputable breeder, have a look on any site and see the amount of crosses out there, the big problem is its a lot of newbies and first timers who "by accident(yer right)" have these crosses produced. its a shame and a very big discrace to Australian herpetology.
cheers Matt

that's not a rainbow python, it's a brazilian rainbow boa, just so you know.
here's a couple of mine.

Attachments

• 2005_1217_123641AA.JPG
    2005_1217_123641AA.JPG
    211.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 2005_1120_173238AA.jpg
    2005_1120_173238AA.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 4,234
ohhh nickvelez.. ur snakes are just gorgeous... thanx for the correction..
I have to say they are one of the nicest snakes i have ever seen.. ur a lucky guy..

The subject of Americans having nothing but hybrids and mongrels was bought up quite recently on an American based forum and a lot of members quite rightly were irate at the idea that we seem to think they have no pure morelia.
It's just absurd to say that and makes us look silly.

Yes exactly. Americans (and many others) like hybrids so all Americans like hybrids therefore there are no pure snakes. It is just absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back