The ark at Little River

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herptrader

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Not this is the kind of wildlife story I like to see. If I were to become independently wealthy I would like to create ventures such as this on as large as scale as possible.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/in-de...river/2007/02/27/1172338619113.html?page=full

ark_2802_wideweb__470x99,0.jpg

that middle photo seems to show some kind of feral proof type fencing, how inconsiderate of these people dont they realize that foxs and cats need to eat as well? how are they going to get there daily fill of native animals when stupid fences like that are put up:rolleyes: perhaps some kind of breeding program should include feeding ferals, after all they are just defencless little creatures and all gods children, why should or own native animals come first over any introduced species be it feral or domestic.:rolleyes:
cheers Matt

It is a longish article which goes into detail about how the fence works as a clever low tech solution for keeping ferals out.

As for feeding ferals I totally agree. They should be fed to fertilizer plants as blood and bone ingredients.

It is a longish article which goes into detail about how the fence works as a clever low tech solution for keeping ferals out.

As for feeding ferals I totally agree. They should be fed to fertilizer plants as blood and bone ingredients.

careful now, all the goodie two shoes on this site might have a cry, with statements like that:rolleyes:
but yes i agree the only good cat is a dead one, feral or domestic.
cheers Matt

careful now, all the goodie two shoes on this site might have a cry, with statements like that:rolleyes:
but yes i agree the only good cat is a dead one, feral or domestic.
cheers Matt

we dont like people saying "the only good snake is a dead snake" so why should we say that about cats, i agreee about the ferals but not domestics

we dont like people saying "the only good snake is a dead snake" so why should we say that about cats, i agreee about the ferals but not domestics

the big problem is hornet, domestic cats are just as likely to kill/injure native wildlife as well, sure there are responsible owners i dont deny that, but there are also irresponsible owners who let there cats out be it day or night, you cant tell me that they no exactly were there cat is and what its up to 24hrs a day when let out to roam around?
cheers Matt

Its a shame they had financial dificulties and had to sell property.

I love this quote: Dr John Wamsley (who is known for wearing a hat made from a feral cat)

I hope this doesn't give APS members any ideas :lol:

i know that, but its the irresponsible owners that should b prosicuted, i dont have any cats, havent for a long time and dont plan on getting one any time soon

Domestic Cats are only part of the problem.
As with most conservation issues preserving suitable habitat is what it is all about.
The challenge however is keeping out the Cats, Foxes and other ferals.
Irradicating them from the whole country is a very desirable aim however and the addage, think global, act local comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back