Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Auzlizardking

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
There seems to be a debate as to what my python is - So is it a Diamond as thats what I was sold or is it a Port Mac Carpet?

Attachments

• P2170014.JPG
    P2170014.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 275
  • P2170015.JPG
    P2170015.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 100_0272.JPG
    100_0272.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_0275.JPG
    100_0275.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 214
I've heard the same thing before. People seem to equate less then perfect rosettes (or those that join) with DiamondXCarpets. I don't think this is the case.

I think it would me closer to a PMC then Diamond

Donk

It's an integrade IMO. A highly underated snake with a bad name. Hence why we are starting to call them Port Mac Carpets. Trying to get away from the stigma of being called an inegrade and increase their popularity. They are, after all, a naturally occuring animal and should not have been called an integrade in the first place. There ae some simply stunning ones aound, from high yellows to B&Ws, why people don't like them has got me buggered. I reckon they are awesome.

Will see if I can get sme pics of mine.

I agree that Port Macs are underrated, but what is the defining factor that brings you to this conclusion?

I agree that Port Macs are underrated, but what is the defining factor that brings you to this conclusion?

Markings, colour etc. Once you have seen enough, you start to pick the differences, some look more like diamonds, some look more like coastals. I guess you are looking for the blend of both to see the difference. Some are quite hard to tell. That one is pretty obvious IMO.

Obviously a diamond take a look at the picture!! Just because it doesnt have perfect rosettes dont mean jack, if that where the case a striped python then must not be pure it has to be an intergrade too. As stripping is only a variation of patterning is it not? Then why when a diamond does not desplay high yellow or perfect rosettes is it always an 'intergrade'?? Diamonds oin their natural territory vary in colour and pattern, some near black with barely any definitive rosettes, others have much more color and definite rosettes [ie- the famous gosford form] at the end of the day theyre still diamonds.
Nice snake Auz.

Obviously a diamond take a look at the picture!! Just because it doesnt have perfect rosettes dont mean jack, if that where the case a striped python then must not be pure it has to be an intergrade too. As stripping is only a variation of patterning is it not? Then why when a diamond does not desplay high yellow or perfect rosettes is it always an 'intergrade'?? Diamonds oin their natural territory vary in colour and pattern, some near black with barely any definitive rosettes, others have much more color and definite rosettes [ie- the famous gosford form] at the end of the day theyre still diamonds.
Nice snake Auz.

Thanks Choppy

looks much like my old port mac carpet but darker

Attachments

• DSC01185.JPG
    DSC01185.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 120
Here is a pic of a naturally occuring intergrade. Its not a good pic but I hope it helps.No doubt there is much variation.

Attachments

• inter.JPG
    inter.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back